Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46373 - 07/27/17 08:32 AM Kemper delivered - WOW
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

After a couple of weeks with the Kemper, I am on cloud nine. There isn't much of anything that this unit can't give you. The interface was very familiar right out of the box. Unlike any other processor I have ever had, the stock patches (called profiles or rigs in the Kemper) are incredible. I bought a few commercial profile packs, and for the most part, they are fantastic.

As an exercise, I did some profiling of my favorite Eleven Rack profiles. I did this completely blindly, by just connecting and going, without reading the short manual. I got exact sounds out of most of the attempts. The ones that weren't dead-on, were the ones using a tube screamer. After reading the short profiling manual, it said it has a problem with time based effects and tube screamers.
Disabling the tube screamer in the 11R patch, then profiling, and adding the TS to the patch from the Kemper's massive list of effects, not only gave me the sound, but it actually sounded better. There was much more clarity in the patch.

I have only scratched the surface with the Kemper, and it seems like everything new that I learn brings it to a whole new level.

With mixed feelings, I have disconnected my Eleven Rack, and I am selling it. No doubt it's a phenomenal processor, and it was my mainstay for many years. But I simply don't use it anymore.

#46374 - 07/29/17 04:31 PM Re: Kemper delivered - WOW [Re: lespauled]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
kemper is a nice machine ,really smile

#46422 - 11/16/17 09:33 AM Re: Kemper delivered - WOW [Re: Christophersad]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

Still loving the Kemper. Pretty much everything about it. I was showing a friend of mine the profiling process, and had him profile a couple of patches from my 11R.

After he was blown away with how self automated it is, I went a step further. I did a profile with the cabinet off. I then scrolled through some cabinet IRs I installed on the Kemper. Wow, this opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

I finally go around to recording multiple tracks at once in my DAW. I first sent the processed track, and a dry signal for reamping. After being blown away with that for a few days, I went full out, and separated EVERYTHING into separate tracks: The guitar amped sound, the effects (delays and reverb) into another track, and the dry signal. It's incredibly powerful to have the delay and reverb in another track.

Did I mention that I'm still loving it. I'm also loving that it's making me go back and relive the 11R.