Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46333 - 05/23/17 12:46 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Oh and the EPSI can be used after any stomp box or processor and you don't "have to" cut off the built in cabs to use it some have said that it sounds better with both...

I really need to sell my 11r since I've not even turned it on since I got the Helix...I did sell the EPSI a wile back and got what I paid for it so it dose hold its value.

#46335 - 05/23/17 05:26 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: jaminjimlp]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy
Briz, if you need an IR loader to pair with your 11R you can choose between many options:
* Epsi as said in previous posts
* AMT Pangaea: (http://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-pangaea-cp-100/) comes with preloaded IRs, but you can load yours too; no midi.
* Two Notes Torpedo Cab: (http://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-cab) a little bit expensive, but with midi support
* Digitech CabdryVR: (http://digitech.com/en-US/products/cabdryvr) comes with preloaded cabs emulations and you CANNOT load yours.

#46336 - 05/23/17 09:34 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Ichil]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
Thanks, to all, for your feedback. I'm interested in the IR loader option, but I can't seem to find a "how to" guide. I'd be interested in using it on both the 11R & the POD HD Pro X.

#46338 - 05/23/17 11:44 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Briz]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
You can try a DAW plugin I think LeCab is one... someone else will know I am sure... this way you can try it before you spend $$$ on a loader.

here is a link to my huge stack of free IR's from around the web

Edited by jaminjimlp (05/23/17 11:52 AM)

#46341 - 05/24/17 08:21 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
for recording i would suggest using an IR loader on your pc for free. i would only get an Epsi if i wanted to get that same tone live.

#46342 - 05/24/17 04:43 PM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: singtall]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

#46343 - 05/24/17 04:45 PM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Briz]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Briz
Thanks, to all, for your feedback. I'm interested in the IR loader option, but I can't seem to find a "how to" guide. I'd be interested in using it on both the 11R & the POD HD Pro X.

Which kind of informations do you need? How to connect it to 11R or Pod or something else?

#46344 - 05/25/17 09:21 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Ichil]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
The primary use would be recording. I guess what I need is to understand how it works with the DAW (Pro Tools 10.3.9) and what settings / adjustments need to be made for the 11R & the POD HD Pro X. I never use the POD HD Pro X because it sounds sterile. If IR's could help in that area, it would be nice to use the POD every once in awhile. Right now, it's a $700 rack mounted paper weight.

#46345 - 05/25/17 10:21 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Briz]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
you can even make an IR from your final tone after eq. it's more involved, but it's worth it if you finally have your tone down and want to simply hit record and not worry about doing any more eq to get that tone.

#46346 - 05/29/17 07:44 AM Re: HeadRush Question... [Re: Briz]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Briz
The primary use would be recording. I guess what I need is to understand how it works with the DAW (Pro Tools 10.3.9) and what settings / adjustments need to be made for the 11R & the POD HD Pro X. I never use the POD HD Pro X because it sounds sterile. If IR's could help in that area, it would be nice to use the POD every once in awhile. Right now, it's a $700 rack mounted paper weight.

If you use a hardware ir loader (like Epsi or AMT pangaea, for example) just put it in the loop of the 11R or POD HD and enable the loop, disable cab emulation of 11R (pod) and disable every post cab eq you put in the 11R preset.
For Ir loader plugins do the same except the loop part: in pro tools you have to arm a track, load the plugin (I don't remember if pro tools can use VSTs) and disable direct monitoring.
Try the various IR you loaded into the ir loader and find the one (or more than one for various purposes/guitars) you like most, be happy (for testing Irs I recorded a short part with no cab and the reamped it changing IRs until i found something I like).
Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >