Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46078 - 05/01/17 09:32 AM Eleven Rack vs Amplifire
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

I picked up an Amplifire and have been running my own comparisons between the two units. Like every other pedal, you have to got through a serious of frustrations while getting use to the workings of the pedal. The Amplifire was the same, but the software has a familiar feel to it, thanks to the Eleven Rack Editor.

One of the first things I did was check out the stock patches, which were crap, just like most of the 11R stock patches. I picked a patch, and started tweaking it, and soon found that the power of this thing is amazing. I've been spending time matching some of my favorite 11R patches. The sound of the patch is very close, but the clarity of the AA seems to be superior to the 11R (at least that's my findings so far).

The IR loading is a feature that almost gives you too many options. You spend way to much time toying around with different cabinets.

I've been an 11R user for quite a while now, and loved every minute of it. But, I find myself using the Amplifire more and more. Right now, it's more than 50% of the time. I also find myself getting a little pissed at the clarity differences when playing the "same patch" on the 11R.

Anyone else check out the AA? What were your findings? Right now, I'm still up in the air, but more and more leaning towards the AA.

#46079 - 05/01/17 07:52 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Amplifire [Re: lespauled]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i have both. both have there place though. try the AA in the eleven rack loop and use it for pedals and cabinets ONLY and tell what you think.

#46083 - 05/02/17 04:09 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Amplifire [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
if only they added ir loading to 11r..........

#46084 - 05/04/17 11:14 AM Re: Eleven Rack vs Amplifire [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
the combo of using the amplifire in the loop is just awesome. you quickly realize that the eleven rack is seriously a great modeler....and with the right IR it's even better.

#46098 - 05/05/17 08:56 AM Re: Eleven Rack vs Amplifire [Re: singtall]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

Yesterday, I did some research on how to create EQ matched IRs.

I recorded a (mono) track with my favorite patch on the 11R. I then plugged into the AA3, and turned off the cab modeling. Recorded the same riff, using just the amp. Did some EQ Tone matching, and created an IR.

I then used that IR on the patch that I recorded in the AA3, and the tone was dead on!!! In fact, the patch had more clarity than the 11R patch. I went back and tried several other patches, that I've used for years, and for some reason, they sounded a little muddy to me. Maybe the clarity of the AA is better, or maybe it was just dumb luck.

This may be a turning point for me. If I can replicate the sounds from guitar tracks from songs using this method, I may actually move on from the 11R.