Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42655 - 02/04/15 01:26 AM Re: Reamping with Eleven Rack and Reaper. Help Needed. [Re: Downrazor11]
Sonicboom Offline

Thank you for the help guys laugh

#46077 - 04/30/17 02:45 AM Re: Reamping with Eleven Rack and Reaper. Help Needed. [Re: Downrazor11]
jrockbridge Offline

I know this is an old thread but it might help somebody doing a search if I post info here.

Virtual Reamping with Reaper (W10) and 11R....

0) Download and Install the drivers for 11R. Plug 11R in via USB. Power up 11R.
1) Install and open up Reaper in Windows.
2) In Reaper, click OPTIONS, PREFERENCES, DEVICE, AUDIO SYSTEM = ASIO and AUDIO DEVICE = Eleven Rack ASIO.

Click (check) to ENABLE INPUTS
FIRST = 1: Guitar In
.Last = 3: Eleven Rig L

OUTPUT RANGE
First = 1: Main Out L
.Last = 2: Main Out R

3) On 11R...

-Press and hold EDIT button
-SCROLL to highlight RIG INPUT
-Press SW1 button
-Turn lighted dial select GUITAR as Rig Input
-Press EDIT button
-SCROLL to select DIGITAL OUTPUT
-Press SW1 button
-Use lighted dial to select DAW as Output

4) Press Edit/BACK button twice to return to Rig View.
Use SCROLL to select the rig you want to hear as you play.

5) In Reaper click on TRACK, INSERT NEW TRACK, Click on the red 'o' to arm the track for recording. It should show Input 1 within track..if not Click on it and select Input 1. This will be your DRY guitar track (NO amp modeling or fx) Click on M to mute this track so you won't hear it while you play. Later, you will use this dry guitar track to virtual reamp.

6) In Reaper click on TRACK, INSERT NEW TRACK, Click on the red 'o' to arm the track for recording. It should show Input 3 within track..if not Click on it and select Input 3. This will be your WET guitar track (WITH amp modeling and fx). This is what you will hear while you play and record.

7) In Reaper press the large red 'o' button to record and play some guitar. Once you have recorded something, press the STOP icon and press the BACK icon. Press the red 'o' button on both tracks to UNarm them.

8) 11R Press and hold the EDIT button. SCROLL to select RIG INPUT and press SW1 button. Turn the lighted dial to select RE-AMP. Press the Edit/BACK button twice. Now SCROLL to select a different amp model and fx rig. This is the sound you are going to use to REAMP the DRY track.

9) In reaper Track 1 click on M to UNMUTE track.
Track 2 click on M to Mute the track.

10) In Reaper click on TRACK, INSERT NEW TRACK, Click on the red 'o' to arm the track for recording.

11) In Reaper click on OPTIONS, PREFERENCES, DEVICE
and select
FIRST = 3: Eleven Rig L
.Last = 4: Eleven Rig R

OUTPUT RANGE
First = 3: Reamp L
.Last = 4: Reamp R

12) Click on the INPUT arrow within the track to select STEREO if you want stereo.

13) Now press the big red 'o' button to record your reamped track.

Once you are finished recording press the STOP icon then the REWIND icon. Press the the M button within Track 1 to mute it.

Now press the PLAY icon to listen to the reamped track you just recorded. You will probably notice that the levels are really hot as I did. I'm a novice at reamping (virtual or otherwise). I suspect that given more time I'll learn how to get the levels right.

Since the 11R has a MIC input, this could also be used to reamp with a real amp.

#46081 - 05/02/17 07:20 AM Re: Reamping with Eleven Rack and Reaper. Help Needed. [Re: jrockbridge]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Thanks for adding the process for Windows systems!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2