Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46061 - 04/15/17 03:39 PM Singtall Superpack + Izotope Neutron = I'm Happy
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
So, if you've been on the fence about, or have never heard of Neutron, I highly recommend it. Combined with my favorite Singtall presets, this gave me the control that I was missing in my tone / mixes.

As always, thanks to Singtall for his amazing Superpack.

Here's a link, if you care to listen. Criticism is welcome, as usual.

https://m.soundcloud.com/bo5ive/draw-near

#46063 - 04/15/17 04:31 PM Re: Singtall Superpack + Izotope Neutron = I'm Happy [Re: Briz]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Another great recording dude. Your tone is awesome. I was actually on the fence with Neutron. As good as it sounds I am probably going to wait to purchase it,as I have too many plug-ins right now. (And my wife would kill me).Great job Briz!

#46066 - 04/17/17 09:46 AM Re: Singtall Superpack + Izotope Neutron = I'm Happy [Re: T.C.Kramer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
always great to hear your work bro! so glad you are happy with your tone and are at a place to just be creative musically and stop working on tone tweaks.

the pedal looks to be a modern modified tube screamer. you can do similar things in the 11R, but it requires some advance knowledge of how to shape the distortion and tone before it hits the amp.

i'm actually working on something similar for the 11R right now. i have a 7 string jackson with emg's that just doesn't have the cut that i need, so it's time to make it happen. will let you guys know what i did to make it happen and i'll get with Briz to A/B against the Neutron to get the settings tweaked a bit closer.

#46068 - 04/18/17 07:35 AM Re: Singtall Superpack + Izotope Neutron = I'm Happy [Re: singtall]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
Sorry Singtall, I should have clarified. I'm referring to the Izotope Neutron plugin suite (EQ,Comp,Limiter,Exciter, et al.) It has a track assistant analyzer that helps me target and correct problem frequencies. What you hear in the track above are your presets with the Neutron plugin in Pro Tools. I'm using your prests 'as is', sans a little bit of drive.

#46071 - 04/23/17 01:48 PM Re: Singtall Superpack + Izotope Neutron = I'm Happy [Re: Briz]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
sounds like a must-have plugin.