Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46024 - 03/09/17 04:05 PM Internal & External Clocks, Syncing, MIDI, Time-Based FX, Signal path, etc.
ScottFB Offline

Loc: GA
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the group and glad to be part of it!

I'm so bogged down right now with trying to figure how to get all my MIDI devices in sync that I don't even 'know if I know' how to ask the right questions to get the answers I'm looking for!!
What's worse is that I'm probably overlooking the most fundamental solution to my issues!

I just want to have my Eventide H9 Max & TC Electronic Flashback x4 connected to my 11R and in sync with the 11R and each other!!
I'm aware the Flashback is pretty lame as far as syncing but I know it will accept external clock data in order to have it's delay repeats in sync with the external clock sources tempo. I'm wanting to be able to use the Flashback's delays on the output of the H9...which I want to be in sync with the Eleven rack... and the DAW... and perhaps with the MidiVerb4...and maybe even with my relics the SR-16 and the Korg M3R
My question is, what device should/could/would be the clock source?
The Eleven Rack?
The DAW?(ProTools or DP or Ableton)
The H9?
My old Alesis SR-16 drum machine?
The Focusrite 18i20?
The PreSonus Digimax LT connected to the Focusrite via ADAT?

The Focusrite and Eleven Rack are connected to the Mac via USB but they also have MIDI in & out ports.
It seems like something should be hooked up to the Eleven Rack's midi ports at least, but what?!?

Any help, suggestions, or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Scott

#46034 - 03/17/17 08:52 PM Re: Internal & External Clocks, Syncing, MIDI, Time-Based FX, Signal path, etc. [Re: ScottFB]
ScottFB Offline

Loc: GA
FTR:
All signs are pointing to the implementation of MIDI Beat Clock as being the 'fundamental' solution I've been looking for to help me out with my syncing issues. There's still a bunch of experimentation to be done with connectivity options but I at least feel like I'm in the right neighborhood now.