Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45955 - 02/06/17 10:03 AM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: arturocivit]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
This is worth a try, plug a 1/4" TS into the send side of the amp (it doesn't have to connect to anything), the amp may have a switch that is activates the return path only after sending something.. at least one amp I played in the last 10 years was like that..

#45956 - 02/06/17 10:12 AM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: arturocivit]
Brindle Offline

I would also plug direst into the effects loop of the amp with your guitar, or some device to see if audio is traveling through this return input. You could test it with your thumb on the end of the cable, boost the level with a drive pedal to at least match the front of your gutar amps input volume at about 1/2 volume. I quit going into my return and use the front input to utilize changing the eq on the fly. I found reducing the mids and treble to 2 on the dial and bass at 5 and it flattend out the eq to match the tone of the guitar straight into the return. My method, works for me. All of my patches use the cab sim. live, I do not have any pretty sounds
This is what it sounds like from a studio environment (could not embed the soundcloud link)....but this eleven rack is hard to give up there is so much in there. I have not been switching patches for over a year now, I just go up and down on the guitar volume to change tones.
Hope you find a solution!

#45957 - 02/06/17 10:13 AM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Downrazor11]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I found this answer on another forum, it seems you need to have something plugged into the input of the amp to get an output, even if you are only sending that signal in through the effects return:

Originally Posted By: ..
Eureka! I found the solution!

Plug the TS in the "Input" of the amp, not the "send" of the loop and it works!

Thanks guys for your help

Found it here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index....HT-40-no-sound/

#45959 - 02/06/17 11:44 AM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: arturocivit]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Can I also suggest taking the outputs from the 11 rack to a powered monitor or another amp/speaker combination (if you have access to either)? This will help determine if the issue is 11 Rack out put or at the Blackstar amp input.

#45960 - 02/06/17 06:37 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Downrazor11]
arturocivit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
This is worth a try, plug a 1/4" TS into the send side of the amp (it doesn't have to connect to anything), the amp may have a switch that is activates the return path only after sending something.. at least one amp I played in the last 10 years was like that..

Hi there, thanks a lot for the suggestion, well, went there and no, nothing....

#45961 - 02/06/17 06:38 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Brindle]
arturocivit Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Brindle
I would also plug direst into the effects loop of the amp with your guitar, or some device to see if audio is traveling through this return input. You could test it with your thumb on the end of the cable, boost the level with a drive pedal to at least match the front of your gutar amps input volume at about 1/2 volume. I quit going into my return and use the front input to utilize changing the eq on the fly. I found reducing the mids and treble to 2 on the dial and bass at 5 and it flattend out the eq to match the tone of the guitar straight into the return. My method, works for me. All of my patches use the cab sim. live, I do not have any pretty sounds
This is what it sounds like from a studio environment (could not embed the soundcloud link)....but this eleven rack is hard to give up there is so much in there. I have not been switching patches for over a year now, I just go up and down on the guitar volume to change tones.
Hope you find a solution!

Hi there, thanks a lot! Well, actually I have a set of pedals attached to the send/return portion of the amp and works wonderfully, so I think is not the amp but something in the 11R settings.

#45962 - 02/06/17 06:40 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Downrazor11]
arturocivit Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
I found this answer on another forum, it seems you need to have something plugged into the input of the amp to get an output, even if you are only sending that signal in through the effects return:

Originally Posted By: ..
Eureka! I found the solution!

Plug the TS in the "Input" of the amp, not the "send" of the loop and it works!

Thanks guys for your help

Found it here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index....HT-40-no-sound/

Yup! that works! the problem is, with that solution I'm using the eq portion and controls of the amp, I want to just use the power stage and override all those settings and just interact between the the 11R and its settings and my cabinet using the amp as power amp

#45963 - 02/06/17 06:44 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Rushian]
arturocivit Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Rushian
Can I also suggest taking the outputs from the 11 rack to a powered monitor or another amp/speaker combination (if you have access to either)? This will help determine if the issue is 11 Rack out put or at the Blackstar amp input.

Well, I don't have any powered monitors, but I have this behringer amp that has a pair of slave jack inputs (http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018by3200/quality,85/GMX210_back-081883d6e6101a3327512a80949d65ad.jpg) if you see that picture, it is at your right, 2 slave in inputs, I connected the output 1 there and worked, then output 2 and worked, so not sure what's going on. confused

#45964 - 02/06/17 07:28 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: arturocivit]
Brindle Offline

Amp 1 Amp 2 Amp Output and Rig Volume. I know you said you could hear the patch in the phones, what is the Amp output?

#45965 - 02/06/17 07:49 PM Re: 11Rack no sounds.... [Re: Brindle]
arturocivit Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Brindle
Amp 1 Amp 2 Amp Output and Rig Volume. I know you said you could hear the patch in the phones, what is the Amp output?

Thanks Brindle, you mean, you want to see all those values? Where can I see that?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >