Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45907 - 01/16/17 04:09 PM thinking about buying an helix
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
i was looking at used helix prices and i saw they are going down quite fast, they sell new 1450 euro here and i found a couple at 1100,i think i wait some more and if prices drop more and nothing better comes out for that price,ill might pull the trigger smile

#45908 - 01/17/17 07:22 AM Re: thinking about buying an helix [Re: Christophersad]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

I was thinking about that myself, but in fall/winter 2017.
Now I'm experimenting with 11R+IRs for my recordings and I'm really appreciating it, so maybe 11R is enough for my skills.
Time (and money) will tell laugh

#45910 - 01/17/17 10:15 AM Re: thinking about buying an helix [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Well I tell you you won't be sorry. just look for a good discount coupon that's what I did when I pre-ordered mine it was only around 1100 because I had a 20% discount at GC and that's US dollars but in any case you would definitely appreciate it I haven't even turned my eleven rack on since I got my helix I used to have to depend on other people's good patches and presets but now I can make my own with the Helix it's just so much easier it's so versatile and I really love the PRS archon amp on it it's just so awesome.
With its options on routing and control and being able to replace your eleven rack as a recording interface is totally worth it...

Specially since the past couple of firmware updates it has just made it so much better than when it actually shipped...

My brother who lives in Florida just got his eleven rack within the past six months and absolutely loves it and doesn't even know what an IR is and just so blown away with the sounds that it can make he doesn't even worry about anything different.

So I guess the bottom line is if you can afford it and get a good deal just go ahead and do it.

#45911 - 01/17/17 12:34 PM Re: thinking about buying an helix [Re: jaminjimlp]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Ichil
I was thinking about that myself, but in fall/winter 2017.
Now I'm experimenting with 11R+IRs for my recordings and I'm really appreciating it, so maybe 11R is enough for my skills.
Time (and money) will tell laugh
11r is far more than what i need based on my skills and time,but you know mate....i play for fun so i want to have toys ;))))))
Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Well I tell you you won't be sorry. just look for a good discount coupon that's what I did when I pre-ordered mine it was only around 1100 because I had a 20% discount at GC and that's US dollars but in any case you would definitely appreciate it I haven't even turned my eleven rack on since I got my helix I used to have to depend on other people's good patches and presets but now I can make my own with the Helix it's just so much easier it's so versatile and I really love the PRS archon amp on it it's just so awesome.
With its options on routing and control and being able to replace your eleven rack as a recording interface is totally worth it...

Specially since the past couple of firmware updates it has just made it so much better than when it actually shipped...

My brother who lives in Florida just got his eleven rack within the past six months and absolutely loves it and doesn't even know what an IR is and just so blown away with the sounds that it can make he doesn't even worry about anything different.

So I guess the bottom line is if you can afford it and get a good deal just go ahead and do it.
i will wait for some good used deals jim wink

#45912 - 01/18/17 04:38 AM Re: thinking about buying an helix [Re: Christophersad]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Christophersad
11r is far more than what i need based on my skills and time,but you know mate....i play for fun so i want to have toys ;))))))

I know that feeling! laugh laugh laugh
To fight the GAS, right now I'm investing in guitar lessons. laugh

#45913 - 01/18/17 12:37 PM Re: thinking about buying an helix [Re: Ichil]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Ichil
Originally Posted By: Christophersad

I know that feeling! laugh laugh laugh
To fight the GAS, right now I'm investing in guitar lessons. laugh
and thats the best choice probably! wink