Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45872 - 12/28/16 12:19 PM Moving on..sort of
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Well guys I've owned and enjoyed my 11 rack for 6 years now and still think it is an amazing piece of gear.

BUT, big But (No not BUTT grin) my wife just gave me the Fractal AX8 for Christmas and it is without doubt the next generation!

I am as excited about this, as I was when i first got the 11 rack!

Not only does it sound better, but it eliminates the need for my Peavey 60/60 classic, EPSi IR loader, G-Force 2 and FB1010 floor pedal!

Don't get me wrong my 11 rack is going nowhere for now, it's still my interface to Pro-tools. So, a lot of gear made redundant and heading to fleabay!! PM if you are interested before it goes there! wink

#45873 - 12/28/16 02:20 PM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: Rushian]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
lucky guy!hope you enjoy the new toy rus!

#45874 - 12/29/16 12:02 AM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: Christophersad]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Sounds great bro I hope you enjoy it sounds like you had a great Christmas

I said the same thing about my eleven rack when I got my helix but I have not even turned eleven rack on since and helix is also an interface like the eleven rack, I guess the only thing I'll be missing from it is those special things that Pro Tools already kind of had set up for you to use but I can do everything that I could do with that in Pro Tools no problem I am so happy with the Helix I'm ready to sell my eleven rack, it is still in pristine condition and not used in the last year and a couple of months so I too have started to ask if there are any takers and with the recent addition of the PRS archon amp models to the Helix it is totally awesome to be able to use Amp model alone and it be a great lead patch, it sounds so good it makes me want to see one in person, I have talked to a few people that have both the PRS archon and a helix and they said that the model is spot-on, clean Channel sounds so good you just can't believe that both of those tones could come out of the same amp.

I have heard a lot of comparison between the AX8 and the Helix they use the same Hardware internally and both sound awesome I think you will be quite happy with it.

I still like hanging around here and checking out what people are doing and talking about, this was always a very cool and laid-back forum I still check it a couple times a week.

Edited by jaminjimlp (12/29/16 12:05 AM)

#45875 - 12/30/16 11:09 AM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: jaminjimlp]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Thanks Chris!

Jaminjimlp, it was a tough choice between the Helix and AX8, in the end it came to a friends down good experience/high recommendations as far as the AX8 is concerned. We are in that 'golden age' of gear where at that price point you really can't go wrong! I love my PRS Custom and have heard only good things about the Archon, so enjoy!! I'll still be checking in, this is too good a community to leave! smile

#45882 - 01/05/17 08:31 AM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

EPSi Loader is now on Fleabay if anybody is interested!

#45883 - 01/07/17 10:12 AM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

PM if interested in any of the following beore it goes on Fleabay!:

- Peavey 60/60 valve power amp (I used with 11 Rack)
- Berhinger Ultragraph Pro FBQ1502 15 band eg (like new, still with original packaging)
- TC electronics G-Major 2 (Like new used less then 20 times only 12 months old - would be in original box if I could find it 😕 !!)
- Berhinger FCB1010 midi foot controller fitted with Eureka PROM (configured for 11 Rack), will include Uno prom (when I find it !)

All include manuals. Downsizing my rig now that I have an AX8! 😎

#45903 - 01/13/17 08:06 AM Re: Moving on..sort of [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Ok, FCB1010 and EPSi are sold!! Will hold on to others items till I get back from NAMM and then its time for Flea-bay!!