Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45899 - 01/11/17 07:29 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Scroll down in the comments to you see a comment made by a guy who's calling himself a 7-string senator he says he was an employee at Avid and worked with the eleven rack is said that the eleven rack guys had nothing to do with this and that in music when they purchased M-Audio got all the code for the eleven rack

Edited by jaminjimlp (01/11/17 07:30 PM)

#45900 - 01/12/17 04:45 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy
"by a guy who's calling himself a 7-string senator he says he was an employee at Avid"
Everybody can call himself something: every statement has to be supported by proofs (more in this case because he's accusing headrush of lying).
Time will tell. smile

#45901 - 01/12/17 08:56 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Ichil
"by a guy who's calling himself a 7-string senator he says he was an employee at Avid"
Everybody can call himself something: every statement has to be supported by proofs (more in this case because he's accusing headrush of lying).
Time will tell. smile

I TOTALLY AGREE with you!

#45902 - 01/13/17 08:04 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
I am glad to see more competition ... it makes all the products better.. that was just a joke about the chick on the vid BTW...

There is a lot of buzz about this on the Helix forum and FB page (and I am sure on the Fractal forum)... But I Don't see it competing with Helix or the AX8 (I don't know much about the AX8 so someone else like Rushian can fill in those blanks) on a few levels like: FX Loops it has 1, Helix has 4, Headrush has 4 in/out on USB, Helix has 8 I/O USB, it has no Mic input and only 1 extra EXP connection....

Now I am not saying this is bad... it looks cool and just like Helix... I hope it is good and they get the price down lower than the $1200 it's at now... At that price people will most likely go for more bang for the buck and get the AX8 or Helix... if it ships with a $600 price tag at the debut, heck I will buy one...

It Could be like the Nintendo of FX pedals Sell it for way less, flood the market with them and everybody will have one and a year later they will throw out a new model. Really it's good for everybody.

You are right on all counts and I don't think it's a case of 'apples for apples'. The AX8 is aimed more at live playing, as such not geared for studio recording, in the way that Helix/11 Rack is. Also, from what I have seen, to date the Headrush pedal board is still limited with respect to available amp/effect models when compared with Helix/AX8. Where it seems to have an edge is the user interface. I can't talk about tone or quality of models, as it's all conjecture at this point. I'm going to NAMM this year (with the X-mann \m/), so hope to learn more there. Will report back when I know more laugh

#45904 - 01/14/17 03:11 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Rushian]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

i don't want to be "that guy" but as far as i see,i have not much faith in this project.......

#45905 - 01/14/17 10:40 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Christophersad]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

If you look at the history of this company "in music" they own several really good companies Alesis being one of them... they Don't Make Junk, you know as far as that goes so it's probably a decent piece of gear I just I'm not sure about how much support it will actually receive since there are several things that they made at one time which never really made it to Market, there was one unit that Alesis made that I was hoping would come to Market when I was planning on using the bias app where you could put your iPad in it and it was basically a pedalboard that was run by an iPad, would have been really cool it was a lot like a mixer they make that uses an iPad.

#45914 - 01/18/17 01:53 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
my11usr Offline

iirc..They own Akai as well, hence the liberty to use the Headrush name.
On top that i read somewhere that Yamaha owns the lot but i can't find a link verifying that wink

I wished the Headrush unit had stepped foot switches though.
Still ..its a welcome arrival.

#45915 - 01/19/17 03:22 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: my11usr]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: my11usr
iirc..They own Akai as well, hence the liberty to use the Headrush name.
On top that i read somewhere that Yamaha owns the lot but i can't find a link verifying that wink

I wished the Headrush unit had stepped foot switches though.
Still ..its a welcome arrival.

Yamaha owns Line 6

#45916 - 01/19/17 04:40 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

it seem that street price will be 999

#45917 - 01/21/17 05:20 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Christophersad]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Another video: same sounds, better quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ1GduR78BY
It seems to me that the high gain sounds are less fizzy than before (even if I can recognize the peculiar mids of the v30 cab of the 11R): no idea if parametric eq was used.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >