Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45884 - 01/09/17 09:07 AM Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0?
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy

Edited by Ichil (01/09/17 09:30 AM)

#45885 - 01/09/17 12:59 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Damn and looks like I picked the wrong week to quit the 11 Rack grin grin grin Like said before we are living in the golden age of guitar gear!!

#45886 - 01/09/17 01:11 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I dont know how Innovative it is when it looks like they pretty much copied the helix and added some extra features. I only said that because of the what they said on there introduction. the first link you put the video has been pulled evidently the video on their website is up and it sounds good on the clean sound and that chick knows that one lick pretty good cuz that's the only thing she does the whole time LOL don't know who she is just thought that was funny... but they never give you a crunch sound I guess we'll have to wait and see what type of processors and other sounds it can do when some of them start getting some videos out there it looks like it could be a pretty cool unit...

I do love to see the new technology though that helps push the industry to improve on their products.

And definitely one thing I would have like to seen on the Helix was a touch screen because it would come in handy but I think that the Helix is a great unit as is the fractal AX8. I have the Helix and I'm very pleased with it.

I did notice like you were saying they say powered by 11 and that the 11 with the trademark symbol In the add. I guess they worked on it but 11 originally was just a plug-in on Pro Tools until they decided to build the eleven rack I don't know much more about that... is interesting though can't wait to see it hit the market and get a look at one.

Also I like much better the floor model like with the Helix and AX8 it's an all-in-one... all that you do is just plug in and go, no rack needed no extra external pedal needed

#45887 - 01/09/17 01:20 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=621772568025539&substory_index=0&id=607114622824667&__tn__=%2As

I guess Avid does have something to do with this, this is a post from their Facebook page

Edited by jaminjimlp (01/09/17 01:22 PM)

#45888 - 01/09/17 03:56 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

wondering if cris townshend is involved in this project...btw they state headrush is a trademark of inmusic brand
http://www.inmusicbrands.com/about

some more info

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/winter-n...pedalboard.html

here they state its created by the original eleven team..

Edited by Christophersad (01/09/17 04:03 PM)

#45889 - 01/09/17 07:46 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Christophersad]
Ping Offline
advanced member

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Besides the Eleven expansion rack models, the new amp models are:

82 LEAD 800 BASS MOD
89 SL-100 EXT RANGE
82 LEAD 800 BRIGHT
67 BLACK SHIMMER
59 DELUXE GAIN MOD
68 PLEXI EL84 MOD
66 AC HI BOOST MOD
69 BLUE LINE SCOOP

There are some new modulation and dynamics effects as well

#45891 - 01/10/17 12:54 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ping]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

@rushian: Helix is a wonderful piece of gear! I was planning to move from 11R to helix myself (Q4 2017 laugh ). Now I have more options laugh
@jaminjimlp: the first video is offline now and it's better because the distorted sounds in that video were awful. The man clearly had no time to build a good patch.
Sarah Longfield is a very very good metal player: trust me, the girl knows how to play. wink
Headrush started with a metal video and is an interesting change from the usual route of rock/blues demos. Let's wait for less gainy sounding videos laugh
They say that the amp and cab models are redesigned from the ground up to use the full power of the new quad core processor, even if the amps/cabs list is EXACTLY the same of the 11R (@ping, the models in your post are in 11R too with other names: for ex. SL-100 EXT RANGE is SOD amp in 11R).
Miss Longfield (as stated she's endorsing the product) said that more amps will be added before launch (March 2017?) with firmware updates.
All in all it seems that this pedalboard will be everything 11R could have been, if Avid supported it better.

#45893 - 01/10/17 01:46 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

I am glad to see more competition ... it makes all the products better.. that was just a joke about the chick on the vid BTW...

There is a lot of buzz about this on the Helix forum and FB page (and I am sure on the Fractal forum)... But I Don't see it competing with Helix or the AX8 (I don't know much about the AX8 so someone else like Rushian can fill in those blanks) on a few levels like: FX Loops it has 1, Helix has 4, Headrush has 4 in/out on USB, Helix has 8 I/O USB, it has no Mic input and only 1 extra EXP connection....

Now I am not saying this is bad... it looks cool and just like Helix... I hope it is good and they get the price down lower than the $1200 it's at now... At that price people will most likely go for more bang for the buck and get the AX8 or Helix... if it ships with a $600 price tag at the debut, heck I will buy one...

It Could be like the Nintendo of FX pedals Sell it for way less, flood the market with them and everybody will have one and a year later they will throw out a new model. Really it's good for everybody.

Edited by jaminjimlp (01/10/17 01:47 AM)

#45896 - 01/10/17 03:10 AM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

It seems that this pedalboard is aimed only to guitar players.
As recording station the Helix is more complete (and the old 11R too), so to have success it has to have superior modeling OR cheaper price, imho.

#45898 - 01/10/17 01:53 PM Re: Headrush pedalboard is Eleven rack 2.0? [Re: Ichil]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Another official video:
https://youtu.be/q-giPy3_qdc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >