Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45742 - 10/02/16 06:37 PM A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack.
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hello all, I just finished mixing a cover of AC/DCs If You Want Blood (You've got it). I used my Eleven Rack, EPSi, and a tweaked Singtall patch ACDC Blood on the guitars. I value anyone's opinion on my mix and what it needs to be better.Take a listen. soundcloud

#45743 - 10/03/16 07:57 AM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
William Offline

Loc: Ga.
Bass done with the 11R also? I'm on headphones (Roland RH-200) and the Bass could be a little louder (JMHO). Otherwise, sounded pretty authentic to me.

#45745 - 10/03/16 09:45 AM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: William]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Sounds great.

#45746 - 10/03/16 10:00 AM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: William]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Yes. Bass was done with Eleven Rack. One of Singtalls of course, but I forget which one. I'm going to focus on the bass volume and see if it can come up a bit in the mix. I got so side tracked on guitar tone and vocals that I really didn't spend much time on the Bass. Thanks for your input.

#45747 - 10/03/16 10:02 AM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: TLTD]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thanks TLTD!

#45748 - 10/03/16 05:44 PM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
sounds great!

#45752 - 10/04/16 04:09 PM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: singtall]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thanks Ross

#45755 - 10/06/16 07:49 AM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
That sounds amazing, man. Great job. What's your recording setup consist of? Are the drums live?

#45761 - 10/06/16 03:50 PM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: Briz]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thanks Briz! My setup is pretty straight forward. Protools 9 mp with fastrak pro interface, ElevenRack of course. For vocals, a recently purchased Presonus Eureka channel strip ( Which I highly recommend) , recently purchased Blue Baby Bottle mic( which is killer for loud vocals). The drums are virtual. EZDrummer2 with lots of added EQ and compression. Thanks for asking.

#45764 - 10/06/16 05:51 PM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
No kidding. I'm running PT 10 w/ an MBox 3 Pro. I run the 11R straight in through SPDIF. I have a Eureka and when I actually record vocalists (I can't find one in Charlotte), I use a Michael Joly Hulk (U87 clone). I also use EZ Drummer. I guess I'm just using the wrong kit. The drums, for my tracks, just sound 'blah' to me. I'm using the Metal kit. I've also got the Vintage Kit, and I believe the Metalheads kit.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get your volume nice and loud? I can't seem to get the volume up on my tracks without murdering the dynamics and introducing compression pumping and distortion. Your track sounds clear, loud, and separated. Great job.

#45766 - 10/07/16 07:04 PM Re: A new cover tune featuring my Eleven Rack. [Re: Briz]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

As far as EZDrummer, I combine a lot of my kits. I have the Pop/Rock, Rock, and Drumkit from Hell EZX's. In regards to loudness, I would have to contribute it to a couple plugin in my mix buss. I almost always use my T-Racks Deluxe plugin from IK Multimedia. It has a few classic compressors, and a few classic EQ's as well as a clipper plugin that lets you keep the volume as high as it can be without clipping. It has a spectrum analizer that I never thought I would use, but actually use it often. I also use IZotopes Ozone 5 and Ozone 6. They work nice but are real CPU hogs with a lot of latency. In this resent track I used a stereo widening plugin from the Waves Silver bundle that I resently purchased. I never really liked those type of plugins, but this one seems very transparent, yet definitely makes the hard pans seem to go beyond the edge of the speakers. By the way, I also run my 11R via SPDIF. It frees up my main outs to send to my Alto cabinet. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >