Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45731 - 09/24/16 12:09 PM Is Atomic CLR still the number one frfr monitor?
Kenneth Offline
advanced member

Loc: Norway
Hi all.

My understanding is that the amp simulation community holds Atomic CLR a the number one frfr monitor for amp simulation. Is this still the case, or are there new products out by now that is as good as the CLR?

Greetings,
Kenneth

#45811 - 11/12/16 12:01 PM Re: Is Atomic CLR still the number one frfr monitor? [Re: Kenneth]
Kenneth Offline
advanced member

I purchased an Atomic CLR, and it's really great. No need for other monitors.

#45812 - 11/13/16 06:24 AM Re: Is Atomic CLR still the number one frfr monitor? [Re: Kenneth]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Just wondering. What power amp are you using and what wattage output? I accidentally purchased an Alto SX 112 cabinet. Before it was even delivered, I realized that I purchased the wrong one. I was actually thinking I purchased the TS112. That being said, I needed a power amp to use it, so i went ahead and bought a used QSC USA400 amp . I like the amp, but I'm not very happy with the cabinet. I'm wondering if my amp will work well with an FRFR cabinet like yours.

#45818 - 11/19/16 02:29 AM Re: Is Atomic CLR still the number one frfr monitor? [Re: T.C.Kramer]
Kenneth Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: T.C.Kramer
Just wondering. What power amp are you using and what wattage output? I accidentally purchased an Alto SX 112 cabinet. Before it was even delivered, I realized that I purchased the wrong one. I was actually thinking I purchased the TS112. That being said, I needed a power amp to use it, so i went ahead and bought a used QSC USA400 amp . I like the amp, but I'm not very happy with the cabinet. I'm wondering if my amp will work well with an FRFR cabinet like yours.

Well, my Atomic CLR is a active (i.e. powered) monitor, so I use it without a separate poweramp. I'm not sure if Atomic CLR's come in a passive version.
Before I recently got my CLR, I was using an Alto TS112A, but I'm much more happy with the CLR. TO me, the TS112 sounds kind of boomy.