Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45579 - 08/19/16 10:01 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: X-Mann]
Bob Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Hey X - Yeah I am. I've actually tried a couple of the other options out there (Helix and AxFx specifically) and for ME, 11R is the best fit.

I STILL have clients that cannot believe we're getting what I get "to tape" with 11R. Sometimes I only use the amp modeling behind actual pedals and sometimes I model the entire chain.

Same thing when I am bluesin' it up with the band.

Still though, won't be getting rid of the BandMaster or the TwinReverb anytime soon. I've had both of them since before 1973. grin

#45588 - 08/23/16 05:45 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: Bob]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By: Bob
Hey X - Yeah I am. I've actually tried a couple of the other options out there (Helix and AxFx specifically) and for ME, 11R is the best fit.

I STILL have clients that cannot believe we're getting what I get "to tape" with 11R. Sometimes I only use the amp modeling behind actual pedals and sometimes I model the entire chain.

Same thing when I am bluesin' it up with the band.

Still though, won't be getting rid of the BandMaster or the TwinReverb anytime soon. I've had both of them since before 1973. grin

I'll probably get killed for saying this, but the core tones of the Eleven Rack still hold up to the tones of the Fractal products. There are just less tone/color options in the 11-R, but the ones that are there are spot on & very good. The 11R tones are way better then anything I got out of Helix too & just faster to dial in. If you could load in different user cabinet IR's into the 11-R, it would change everything.

The FX side of things is a totally different story though. The depth & quality are jaw dropping.

The lush reverbs in the 11R beat everything except the Axe Fx & AX8 in my book.

I've always thought that if you can't sound good with the 11-Rack, then you just can't sound good at all. laugh

It really is funny just how far amp modeling has come.

Congrats on your success Bob & keep using whatever makes you play more in the end. It's also very important to test things out for your self & never listen to anyone o-line either (including me). grin

X
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#45591 - 08/23/16 01:48 PM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: X-Mann]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: X-Mann

I'll probably get killed for saying this, but the core tones of the Eleven Rack still hold up to the tones of the Fractal products. There are just less tone/color options in the 11-R, but the ones that are there are spot on & very good. The 11R tones are way better then anything I got out of Helix too & just faster to dial in. If you could load in different user cabinet IR's into the 11-R, it would change everything.

X

You probably will be killed for saying that!!! LOL shocked

I never even have seen in person an Axfx, Ax8 or a kemper or Amplifire... that being said I do love my Helix and I remember that when they hit the street you got yours and took it back before mine came in and since firmware has fixed alot of the problems that some might say "plagued" the unit have been addressed and with the 2.0 firmware and "snapshots" plus new amps and FX have made it a real contender "in the all in one box" game, not by my experience but what others that have had and have those other units have expressed (check out what Freeman has done with it, he has a preset pack out for it and the demos are great) but the main thing for me is that I can dial up tones so much easier than the 11r not dissing the 11r by any means (well lets be frank... with out singtall I couldn't have got anything I liked out of the 11r... that statement alone probably disqualifies me from any comment on the subject anyway)

Sorry bro didn't mean to high-jack your thread... I love all the work you do... cool YOU DA MANN!!!

But I do think that if you had some time with the Helix at this point in it's evolution you may have a different opinion of it and with my JTV-89F hooked to it there are so many more options like presets and snapshots that change guitars and or tuning.

#45597 - 08/24/16 08:53 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

I gave Helix a very fair shake & it just wasn't fully ready when they released it. I'm sure those issues are fixed now, but I moved on & discovered what everyone else has known for years & years now.............Fractal Audio just ROCKS on ALL LEVELS!!!!!! \m/

I left up all of my Helix video demos & would love to hear what you are now creating with it now.

Post up a new thread of Helix related stuff & the tones you're getting so we can all check that out.

"It doesn't matter what gear you use in the end, what matters is what you do with the gear you do own" - X-Mann wink

I used the 11-Rack when people were telling me that it didn't sound good or real & I still disagree & stand by everything I was able to get out of it. The 11-R is a total deal & value still to this day in my eyes.

Edited by X-Mann (08/24/16 08:55 AM)

#45598 - 08/24/16 09:00 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: X-Mann]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

I'm SO proud of this new iTunes release & the video that I can't even begin to say how I really feel inside.

To take an idea & follow it all the way through to completion is a very hard thing to do........& I almost gave up quiet a few times on "Seeds of Karma", but I did come out on the other side........& I'm much better for it!

Please check out the video, share it & or spend 99 cents on a very cool song & moment for me.

Thank you all & thank you Hari, I really have missed this place.

Tim

#45599 - 08/24/16 09:37 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: X-Mann]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I totally agree with what you said brother and also what you said about the eleven rack. keep on rockin bro...

Maybe someday I'll get around to posting some videos it's just that time of year for A/C men right now...

#45602 - 08/24/16 10:10 AM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
I totally agree with what you said brother and also what you said about the eleven rack. keep on rockin bro...

Maybe someday I'll get around to posting some videos it's just that time of year for A/C men right now...

I hear you & even I've not been able to put out the content that I use to do in my younger days! grin

ALL of these modeling devices have arrived & are now just in different form factors. I really don't care what anyone uses & guys like Singtall can make them all sound totally Pro level.

Peace my friends, peace!

Tim

#45603 - 08/24/16 09:01 PM Re: The Legendary X-Mann!! [Re: X-Mann]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
You got to check in on the 11 rack side once in while Brother X, we're (mostly) a very mellow bunch as you well know wink wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2