Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45431 - 06/06/16 09:54 PM Trilian Bass - Thoughts?
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
Is anyone using it? I'm on the fence, but it seems like the best alternative to a real bass. Not to mention, I'd be hard pressed to get a great bass sound with my budget. I've been back and forth on which way I should go, given that I'm a guitarist and my bass playing skills are amateur at best. I'm currently using Reason for bass and synths, but the bass options / realism are deplorable. I'm also curious if it will crash Pro Tools 10 with 16Gb of RAM and a second Gen i7 quad core.

#45432 - 06/07/16 02:18 PM Re: Trilian Bass - Thoughts? [Re: Briz]
Doom Fiend Offline

I run it on an 8 core/16 RAM system with Reaper and it is very CPU intensive. If I run it with Addictive Drums it doesn't crash but it does have sound artifacts. The solution is to bounce or render the track as you like it. I had to spend a little time to find a good setting that sounded good and would also cut through fast music, but when I did it's friggin awesome!

#45440 - 06/10/16 11:50 AM Re: Trilian Bass - Thoughts? [Re: Doom Fiend]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
When you dial in your tone, do you render it down to a WAV file and then kill the virtual instrument track? Also, is it just a VI plugin, or does it have a standalone MIDI editor? I can't find that info in videos. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Briz (06/10/16 11:50 AM)

#45443 - 06/13/16 08:20 PM Re: Trilian Bass - Thoughts? [Re: Briz]
Jefcity Offline

Loc: Missouri, US
I don't have a problem with Trilian bogging my system down at all, at least not any more than any other plugin/vst instrument. I never have to render to wave until my final mixdown. There's no separate midi editor, although it does have built in eq, amp simulator and compression. I'm am very happy with the realistic results I get from Trilian. It's pretty awesome.