Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44694 - 10/11/15 07:33 PM Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? ****
Brindle Offline

I just downloaded the latest drivers (for windows 8.1?) into my windows 10 pc and all I get is a nice eleven rack box that shows hardware connected (11 R ) and not streaming. If anyone can help sort this out I would be most grateful and very happy!
I am editing this post. Everything is working in the editor. I reinstalled the editor and drivers. As below, does anyone know if this is compatible with Linux?

Things are moving along pretty quickly. I can not delete this post. Last question is still my hot topic!
My other pc is a 32 bit xp with a partitioned linux/Zorin operating system installed. Is this doable with their windows converter?

Once again I appreciate any help on this. I have been searching here and online.

Edited by Brindle (10/11/15 09:16 PM)

#45361 - 04/03/16 03:27 PM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: Brindle]
righunter Offline

After my windows 10 upgrade, eleven rack editor doesn't start.
I have an ilock error!
Is there an issue ?

#45394 - 05/07/16 10:25 PM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: righunter]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
If anyone figures this out, please let me know. I'm about to upgrade to PT 12 on a Windows 10 PC. I'm not thrilled about the issues with the standalone editor. Avid says it works with Windows 8.1, but I loathe 8.1. This upgrade is a nightmare, and I'm just in the planning phase. I record almost exclusively with my singtall patches, which are stored locally on my hard drive and accessed via the GUI in PT. Losing this capability will devastate my workflow. Not to mention, I'm losing thousands in 32 bit plugins. Why am I upgrading? I don't know, but I can't stay on PT 10 with an Intel i3 forever.

Edited by Briz (05/07/16 10:26 PM)

#45399 - 05/08/16 09:36 AM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: Briz]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
anyone try right clicking the eleven rack editor icon and try running it in compatibility mode? change it to windows 7 or 8.

the other problem i have seen is with antivirus software. Avast causes all kinds off problems in win10 that it didn't in previous versions of windows. i switched to AVG and problems stopped.

#45402 - 05/09/16 07:53 AM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: singtall]
William Offline

Loc: Ga.
I read a few months ago where AVAST was supposed to have a fix for running under Win 10. I have one computer running Win 10 and I have the supposed AVAST Win 10 program on it and have no problems with it. Downloaded it direct from AVAST. I also have Sybots on that computer and it will not run (even with the Win 10 upgrade). Can't get the 11R stand alone editor to run on it either. My other 2 computers still have Win 7 Home Premium running fine and have no plans on upgrading either of them. As far as I'm concerned, Win 10 is a bust for me.

#45403 - 05/09/16 08:10 AM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: William]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
as far as i know, since last week avast did not work right. it stops programs from running.

#45408 - 05/10/16 12:16 AM Re: Stand alone editor drivers and Windows 10? [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I use win 10 with PT12 and AVG and Spybot S&D and spybot Anti-Beacon (Anti-Beacon A must for win 10 as MS is using win 10 to send back all kinds of info to themselves. I also suggest you go to "settings" then "privacy" and go through all the left column items and turn off all of it) since win 10 came out and have had no issues even when I got the helix still no issues... win 10 is excellent! I do recommend after the upgrade from 8.1 or 7 that you do a complete reinstall from scratch (clean install) if you can but 9 x out of 10 all machines I have done work good with just upgrading. IMHO avast sux... never liked it.