Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45262 - 02/11/16 01:07 PM Re: Where to go for ProTools help [Re: jaminjimlp]
Bob Online   content
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Well, I am sure I am late with this advice, but you can go here Avid Customer Assistance Click on Audio Hardware, USB, then on Eleven Rack.

Then, way over on the right side, 3 tabs from the right, you will see a tab that says tutorials.

If you are a beginner, go through those. Yes, they are for an older version of Pro Tools. Pro Tools 8 I believe, but the basics are the same.

Avid USED to ship these Tutorial DVDs out with the hardware/software package. Much more efficient to leave em up on the interweb though. Trouble is a newbie wouldn't know where to look.

Hope that helps y'all.

#45267 - 02/11/16 03:04 PM Re: Where to go for ProTools help [Re: Bob]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
And I am even later but if you aren't needing to save parameter settings of the 11r in your sessions then I would suggest using the 11r as an interface for another DAW, I have and use PT12.4 on my 10.11.3 2012 mac mini with no problems, but I also run Logic X and Reaper 5 with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I realize that on a PC Logic is not an option, but I would highly recommend checking out Reaper, it is free to use with no restrictions (with the expectation that if you like it you pay for it), so it costs nothing to demo!

Edited by Downrazor11 (02/11/16 03:05 PM)

#45268 - 02/12/16 12:06 PM Re: Where to go for ProTools help [Re: Downrazor11]
PipeRain Offline

Thank you everyone for your input. Unfortunately I have had to deal with some unexpected health issues with my elderly mom and so this has had to be "Back burnered" for a bit.

I will be back to it in a few days I hope and I do appreciate all your advice and suggestions.

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...

#45276 - 02/12/16 11:21 PM Re: Where to go for ProTools help [Re: PipeRain]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: PipeRain
Thank you everyone for your input. Unfortunately I have had to deal with some unexpected health issues with my elderly mom and so this has had to be "Back burnered" for a bit.

I will be back to it in a few days I hope and I do appreciate all your advice and suggestions.

praying for her and you bro...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2