Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45004 - 12/09/15 08:58 AM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: Rushian]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks. Most of the response on my recordings come from family and friends so I never really know if it sounds good or not. It's good to here opinions (good or bad) from musicians with an ear for tone.

#45006 - 12/09/15 10:17 AM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

Excellent job!!!

#45007 - 12/09/15 02:41 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: lespauled]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thanks Lespauled. Much appreciated.

#45012 - 12/10/15 04:16 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Did you disable pre/post para-eq from Singtall rigs when using your EPSI?

#45016 - 12/10/15 05:49 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: DonaldR]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

No. Would you recommend it?

#45026 - 12/11/15 03:09 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Don't know. Singtall presets sound great because of the extensive time he spent fine-tuning pre/post eqs to work with with cab modeling. I just asked to have a point of reference.

#45028 - 12/11/15 04:25 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: DonaldR]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thatsba great question. Inever thought of it that way My thinking was that the pre and post amp eqing he did was tightening up and reducing the fizz from the amp simulator,not the cab sim. I got an idea...... Lets ask him. HEY ROSS!

#45029 - 12/11/15 07:27 PM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: T.C.Kramer]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I always find that if there's any kind of lowpass or high end rolloff, you'll have to turn that off becuase of the EQ curve they use on Ownhammer cabinets. I always end up shutting off one of the EQs, or messing around with the highs on the graphic EQ. Rosen Digital IRs are a little easier to work with existing presets, I've found.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to record something and reamp it until it matches the original preset more or whatever recording you're going after, or better yet record some tracks and get your own mix going, then reamp while making changes. So that way, if you like it but know it's a bit "dark" and no longer mix ready, you can still have fun playing with it as is, and worry about EQing (even changing gain with different cabs). Some cabinets actually turn the rig into a higher gain (or lower gain) one. The newer Ownhammer cabinets are even labeled this way now and that helps a lot.

#45030 - 12/12/15 10:15 AM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: TLTD]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
when using IR's you can turn off the post eq and see what it sounds like. i eq to work with the existing cabinets. adding an external cabinet changes the sound for the most part.

the pre-eq is for tightening up the tone most of the time. sometimes i use it to emulate the distortion response of amps that are not stock on the eleven rack.

there is no right and wrong. turn eq's off/on and find a tone that inspires you to play.

#45031 - 12/12/15 11:07 AM Re: My newest recording with my Eleven Rack and EPSi. Velvet Revolver cover. [Re: singtall]
T.C.Kramer Offline
advanced member

Thanks for the invite. Very helpful.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >