Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44976 - 12/07/15 10:45 AM Merry X-Mas Everyone!
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Hey Guys,

How are things in the land O Orange?

I hope that everyone is doing very well & making a lot of music......or at least banging on their guitars! grin

Merry Christmas to all & Happy New Years too! cool

Peace! X-Mann \m/

PS - Any New Years resolutions yet for 2016? shocked
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#45009 - 12/10/15 06:18 AM Re: Merry X-Mas Everyone! [Re: X-Mann]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Right back at you!

My resolution for 2016 is to fire up the 11R and play some guitar. It has been months! Other hobbies/interests have taken over for me this year. All were not predicted (synthesizers, outdoor cooking, and trucks/off-roading) but have kept me away from the 11R for sure...

Just figured I would pop in to see what was happening over here.

Hope you all have some great holidays and get some quality time in with the families!

#45010 - 12/10/15 08:26 AM Re: Merry X-Mas Everyone! [Re: noguud]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy
My 11R is always on: taking lessons, writing & recording music, having fun!
New Years's resolution: uhmmm... becoming a better player and releasing more songs.
And maybe start again to play live if I'll find the right people.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everybody!

#45013 - 12/10/15 04:33 PM Re: Merry X-Mas Everyone! [Re: Ichil]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Ah well, to this day I love my Yamaha Pacifica 1221MS and can't think of another guitar I'd want more, but that Greg Howe guitar you got sounds pretty darn nice to me. I love the Eleven Rack with the EPSi and some Ownhammer impulses, some of which I blended myself. You know I love tinkering with stuff. I love seeing/hearing new gear from you guys from pedals to the latest modelers. We were blessed this year able to get the gifts for all the kids that they actually wanted, so I'm happy about that. My oldest is 18 and finishing school this year and performed in his land Christmas concert. We've helped one of his friends by providing a home and helping him get employed and for the most part, out of trouble. It was a stressful year in many ways due to that, but they put up a good effort to record an EP and perform a couple times. My daughter is also in band and growing up fast and is an incredible artist and reminds me of me, so I hope she DOESN'T get sidetracked too much like I did and can put that talent to use. We got her a bunch of art stuff to work with and that's what she wants (and some good headphones/again, she is much like I was/am). My 7 year old is really smart and does tutorials on Minecraft and Garry's mod and tbh is the brattiest kid in existence but makes up for it by impressing us every day with his smarts. He's mastered every making every kind of paper airplane and that's a fun thing for me to do indoors with him.

I guess what I'm saying, is there's so much to be happy for that I don't want anything extra out of life expect maybe to make some more money and travel more, see some friends I haven't been able to. But this is really great that we can connect, you really have to appreciate that we even know about each other and there's no better group of audio nuts and guitarists out there, and now you're kinda bringing that positivity to other crowds too.

If I had one wish, I wish everyone in the world could just get along and focus on their hobbies and music and all that is good and enjoy life. I think we all need that once in a while, to assess just what we've become and ya know, it seems like a lot of us just get better and better as people. I know I have. Life's to short not to appreciate, forgive, get along, and live.

smile

#45014 - 12/10/15 04:52 PM Re: Merry X-Mas Everyone! [Re: TLTD]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: TLTD

If I had one wish, I wish everyone in the world could just get along and focus on their hobbies and music and all that is good and enjoy life. I think we all need that once in a while, to assess just what we've become and ya know, it seems like a lot of us just get better and better as people. I know I have. Life's to short not to appreciate, forgive, get along, and live.

smile

Could not have said it better myself TLTD!!! Merry X-mas/Holidays to all!!

#45015 - 12/10/15 05:00 PM Re: Merry X-Mas Everyone! [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Oh new years resolution, to play my 50th birthday present (back in Nov) till my fingers bleed!! Yup the X-mann got me to move over to the Carvin side!! Been so busy with work I have only spent about 4 hours with Five-O frown