Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44944 - 11/29/15 01:44 PM 11R/Fryette Power Station...winning
giantkiller Offline
advanced member

I bought the Power Station earlier this year, to use with my Axe FX II. I was constantly fighting with it to get it to sound "natural" to me. I plugged my old 11R into it for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was all right there. Fender,
Marshall, and Vox models all had their respective mojos without any pre or post eq trickery. No drilling down through menus to turn on or off advanced power amp functions. I just want to play, not program, so the Axe is on its way out.

My Rig:
11 Rack
Fryette Power Station
Ear Candy Buzzbomb w/V30s
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro
Mission EP-11S Expression Pedal

Edited by giantkiller (11/29/15 01:49 PM)

#44950 - 11/30/15 08:40 AM Re: 11R/Fryette Power Station...winning [Re: giantkiller]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I never heard of the power station so I went and checked out a video on it that thing seems to be a pretty cool little unit. I wouldn't need it (I plug directly into a full PA system ) but I do like that little unit it is pretty nice and and versatile. If I was using any other set up that would definitely be in it. This was the video I found.

#44951 - 11/30/15 09:50 AM Re: 11R/Fryette Power Station...winning [Re: jaminjimlp]
giantkiller Offline
advanced member

I was attracted to the idea that it was an attenuator/reamper, which meant to me that the tube power section was designed to "stay out of the way" of the cranked amp sound running into it. Seemed to me that it would treat the sound from a modeler the same way.

I run the 11R Amp Output Level at 0dB, and the physical Amp Out 2 (rear panel output) at max (+12dB). With the Power Station at unity gain, presence and depth at 0, I get what feels like a pretty close full-volume representation of the amp being modeled. From there, I can drop my stage volume down using the PS level control, adding presence and depth as necessary, just as if I were attenuating a cranked amp. Works great!