Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44815 - 10/28/15 02:48 PM new version of eleven rack?
nrudiak Offline

i see that a couple of music stores are no longer selling the eleven rack and say a new product is coming. anyone have any info on a new version?

#44816 - 10/28/15 03:14 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: nrudiak]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Where did you see that? I am happy with the Eleven Rack, but updates would be cool.. Not too interested in buying another (Twelve Rack?)..

#44817 - 10/28/15 04:31 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: Downrazor11]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Hopefully, they have learned what we want (dual ODs/Custom IRs/dual amps/better(and more) FX) and it's still at a good price (and this indicates another guitar sim). Some kinda bluetooth for editing on smart devices/sending out to bluetooth speakers/headphones would be nice too.

#44818 - 10/28/15 06:02 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: TLTD]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
Factory stand alone software for adjusting parameters without the need for pro tools.

#44824 - 10/29/15 09:32 AM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: TLTD]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
It's called.... the Line 6 Helix... smirk

It's the closest thing to the the 12 rack...LOL

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Hopefully, they have learned what we want (dual ODs/Custom IRs/dual amps/better(and more) FX) and it's still at a good price (and this indicates another guitar sim).

YES it does all that!!!

Originally Posted By: TLTD
Some kinda bluetooth for editing on smart devices/sending out to bluetooth speakers/headphones would be nice too.

this.... it don't

Edited by jaminjimlp (10/29/15 09:32 AM)

#44829 - 10/30/15 03:17 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
oh, come on...please, folks, get a life. There will not be a new version. Let me repeat:
THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW VERSION. No Twelve Rack. No Expansion Pack No.2. No nothing. The 11r team has left the building. If you want new stuff, get a Helix, a Kemper, an Atomic Amplifire or anything else. But take the 11r for what it is. That's quite something. But that's all there'll be.

#44830 - 10/30/15 04:36 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: Markus]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Markus
oh, come on...please, folks, get a life. There will not be a new version. Let me repeat:
THERE WILL NOT BE A NEW VERSION. No Twelve Rack. No Expansion Pack No.2. No nothing. The 11r team has left the building. If you want new stuff, get a Helix, a Kemper, an Atomic Amplifire or anything else. But take the 11r for what it is. That's quite something. But that's all there'll be.

I agree with this, but I am curious - because the unit is out of stock at retailers, but still listed, is Avid still making them, or is there a large supply in storage they are clearing out?

I would like to upgrade my computer, but am running old versions of both Pro Tools (8) and Eleven Rack. I am more than happy with both and see no need to repurchase both, but if computer/Windows compatibility becomes an issue, in a worst case scenario I may.

So I searched Sweetwater and this is what it says on their 11R listing:

We have already placed orders for this new item, and ensured that they are prioritized to take advantage of the manufacturer's earliest shipments. Place your pre-order now to reserve yours, and your order will ship in the order it was received. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRackAS

One thing I dislike is this 'new product' comes with a one year subscription to Pro Tools. So that's perhaps the new twist - they want us paying for software annually, which is essentially an invitation for me to try different software. wink

#44868 - 11/05/15 10:32 AM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: ADF]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

paying to license software versus purchasing software has been one of the biggest retail/media/techno scam bullshite cons that we've been sold and blindly bought into... ESPECIALLY in the world of ProTools.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#44871 - 11/05/15 03:43 PM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: Intelli-Shred]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Intelli-Shred
paying to license software versus purchasing software has been one of the biggest retail/media/techno scam bullshite cons that we've been sold and blindly bought into... ESPECIALLY in the world of ProTools.

Absolutely!

I've done the math on it, and I guess it can make sense. But I don't like the feeling of having to pay to renew something when I'm happy with the current one.

For instance (and not even factoring in inflation):

In the 90's, I had a 16 track studio consisting of 2 ADAT's. I bought them when the price was low - $2,000. So I spent $4,000 1990's dollars, and while I did get some great use out of them, I now have two obsolete pieces of hardware that I never use.

Depending on the subscription fee, and I believe the current PT one is $25 a month or $300 a year - it would take just over 13 years to spend $4,000. I should also add that the ADAT's also required thousands of dollars of outboard gear, cables, etc.

After the 13 years, I'd still have the most current, usable version of the software.

So it kinda makes sense.

I just go through periods where I don't do a lot of recording. Psychologically I feel better knowing I'm not being billed for something I'm not using.

#44898 - 11/11/15 08:55 AM Re: new version of eleven rack? [Re: ADF]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

I have a problem continuing to pay for something I already bought.. ProTools is.. well.. a TOOL.. do go back and pay the hardware stpre everytime you use the hammer you bought from there?.. is there is recurring hammer use fee for upgrads to said hammer?.. its Pro TOOLS not your cable tv or electricity bill? wtf?
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >