Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44645 - 09/30/15 07:08 PM Pro Tools & PC Freeze When i Switch Off Eleven Rack
11R0 Offline

Hi All,

I am running Pro Tool 8.0.5 on my new PC Windows 7 64 bit.

I come across this issue where if I switch off the Eleven Rack while Pro Tools is still running, my pc will freeze and I will need to force shutdown my PC.

This doesn't happen to my old PC (running Windows 7 32 bit), where Pro Tools will prompt me with a message indicating Eleven Rack has to be connected in order to use Pro Tools, and I can quit Pro Tools if I want.

I have tried re-installing Pro Tools. I have tried different versions of Eleven Rack driver from old to new. The Eleven Rack driver is in 64 bit. I am guessing I might need a 32 bit Eleven Rack driver, however there is no option for me to choose when installing the Eleven Rack driver.

Anyone has come across the same issue as me and found a solution to it?

cheers.

#44647 - 10/01/15 08:19 AM Re: Pro Tools & PC Freeze When i Switch Off Eleven Rack [Re: 11R0]
Bob Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
The solution is not to switch off 11R before exiting Pro Tools.

If you are using 11R as your Pro Tools interface, I cannot think of a compelling reason for doing that anyway.

Cleanly exit Pro Tools, THEN shut off 11R. Problem solved. grin

#44649 - 10/01/15 12:32 PM Re: Pro Tools & PC Freeze When i Switch Off Eleven Rack [Re: 11R0]
ADF Offline
advanced member

I'm using the same - PT 8 on Windows 7, and I had that issue when I first got it. The manual suggests first turning on Eleven Rack, then connecting it to the computer, and then starting your computer, before a session. And then doing the same thing in reverse when you finish a session.

It's a tad cumbersome, especially with an old computer like mine, that takes a while to start with external hardware hooked up. But it solves the computer freezing problem.

#44651 - 10/02/15 08:40 AM Re: Pro Tools & PC Freeze When i Switch Off Eleven Rack [Re: ADF]
lespauled Online   content
advanced member

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this

Doctor: Don't do that.

smile