Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44412 - 08/31/15 12:30 AM What plugins do you use
sable904 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Upstate NY
For those that have the 11 r and where did you get them from. I realize it depends on the genre of music you play and if so where did you get them from ? I like Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Epica, Metallica, etc.. TY

#44415 - 08/31/15 06:19 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: sable904]
Bob Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Are you asking about Plug ins or are you asking about patches/presets for 11 Rack.

If you want metal patches/presets, I suggest you take a look at my friend Brian's website http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/ He is known to many people here.

Edited by Bob (08/31/15 06:19 AM)

#44416 - 08/31/15 07:26 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: Bob]
sable904 Offline
advanced member

I realize I did not word my statement more direct. Yes we all know the 11r comes with a certain amount of plugins. I was just wondering if some people buy or get free plug ins from a 3rd party? And which one's they like according to the style of music genre they play? Thanks

Edited by sable904 (08/31/15 07:28 AM)

#44417 - 08/31/15 10:29 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: sable904]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I think there is some confusion somewhere with your question.

Plugins are effects or processing done on a track in a DAW, like EQing a vocal or Compressing drums. I think you are referring to patches or presets, these are the block arrangements of effects and EQ along with the amp and cab and the relevant settings that reside in a storage spot in the eleven rack (ex. "B3" means the "B" bank in the "3" slot).

Are you asking about plugins for a DAW or user-created presets for the eleven rack? The eleven rack has no plugins..

#44418 - 08/31/15 10:58 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: Downrazor11]
sable904 Offline
advanced member

Ok my bad, I ment Pro Tools. Sorry

Edited by sable904 (08/31/15 11:46 AM)

#44424 - 09/01/15 06:44 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: sable904]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I have and use some waves plugins, but they can be expensive over time. I have the native power pack, I also use Izotope ozone..

#44425 - 09/01/15 08:13 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: sable904]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
I have almost all of the plugins from FabFilter , and they not only SOUND awesome, but they are visually very easy to work with.
For me, having a good visual representation of what's going on with a plugin can be a great tool to help train your ears. But it can also be a crutch sometimes if you solely rely on the visual element of a plugin while not LISTENING to how it is effecting the audio

Another great place to get plugins from (with many free ones) is from Plugin-Alliance

Edited by mikefont (09/01/15 08:16 AM)

#44427 - 09/01/15 11:06 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: mikefont]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I use Cakewalk now, and can say Fabfilter has some great stuff for sure.

As long as we're talking plugins though, I like some free ones like Proxim (helps get a better representation of a mic' d amp and air of already recorded tracks), AradazM (maximizer that is better for your Eleven Rack guitar tracks than expensive ones that sometimes bring out the noise). FerricTDS is a great free tape sim/saturater/maximizer also.

I'm still into a lot of the PSPAudioware stuff and Waves has a great new reverb called H-Reverb, I am demo-ing. Trying to make impulses of stuff I have demo'd but always nice to get the full Fabfilter or Waves plugins. The SSL4000 plugin worked great on drums and bass, I wish there was a cheap alternative, but definitely check that out if you can.

Once you get into saturation, you'll really like the Fabfilter Satufn plugin. I used that on my Summer Jam recording on individual tracks and it just has this analog/tube quality to it but you have to play around with it for a bit to understand what it does in your mix.

That's kind of the biggest thing you'll find is that you'll learn more by having a full session of drums, bass, guitars and you want things to sit just right without a bunch of EQing, compression, and overly done post FX stuff.

#44435 - 09/01/15 11:31 PM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: TLTD]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I use PT12 and some of my favs are freebies (thanks TLTD) for turning us on to the ones from "sound toys" a few years ago I have three of there's now... remember to watch around march each year for the freebie from them my fav of there's is the "little micro shift" then I got the Eventide "Ultra channel" and that one is like 6 plugins in one it includes there micro shift as well as the "oppressor" a "compressor" a gate and an EQ and a delay and pre and post level controls... I love it. some of the stock avid ones are good too the air EQ and the Maxim... I really haven't felt the need to buy any. hey if you guys could post some links too the free ones you got that would be cool.... thX

#44442 - 09/02/15 10:08 AM Re: What plugins do you use [Re: sable904]
Bob Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
AHH OK different question then.

Yes I too use some Waves plugins. I also use some Slate, BFD, Eventide, Sound Toys and Avid (second tier and above paid for Plugins)

The plugins that come with ProTools are really pretty good. You really CAN get by with using them exclusively once you learn how to use them.

No offense meant by that, only that generally 3rd party plugins can be expensive and you can achieve 98% with them, IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >