Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44422 - 08/31/15 09:50 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
***newsflash^^^

i'm beta testing the new firmware and the SLO and Dumble amps are simply amazing! i never got the hype about either amp until now. the Dumble alone is worth the money.

the new amp models are also warmer and not raw feeling at all. it doesn't get any better than this. you will swear there are real tubes in there.

#44423 - 09/01/15 05:29 AM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: singtall]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Awesome. I didn't realize they were doing updates, that changes the game.

#44426 - 09/01/15 09:40 AM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: TLTD]
dmock66 Offline
veteran member

I agree with Ross - I'm beta testing also - INCREDIBLE!

The AmpliFIRE is just getting started. They're going to continue to enhance and update the unit. Tom (at Atomic) and Marc (at Studio Devil) are VERY attentive to the requests of the market. They're both small shops but are working very hard (around the clock) to deliver what people are asking for.
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9

#44429 - 09/01/15 01:38 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: dmock66]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
wow!!!

#44430 - 09/01/15 01:39 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: singtall
i added some eq's to the AmpliFire and i think i may have found a way to make it do what i want...or least sound closer to the other two units.

clip order:

1) eleven rack
2) AmpliFire
3) Axe-Fx II

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/final-jcm800-test

this time i liked more the axe...then 11r then amplifire

#44432 - 09/01/15 10:27 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: Christophersad]
68injunhed Offline
advanced member

Loc: SE Kansas
The Axe definitely had more midrange raunch in the second clip.

#44434 - 09/01/15 11:15 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: 68injunhed]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I still liked the 11r best (still much cleaner, clearer), the axe takes 2nd and sounds great, the AF is still a little dark in the mids (I think) just sounds like it's not enough bite into the highs... I wish I could explain it better.

#44546 - 09/11/15 08:13 AM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: jaminjimlp]
Sumit Agarwal Offline

I've been using the 11R for years and was just about to buy a Logidy when I heard about and started reading about the Amplifire.

*Very* tempted by the form-factor and the ability to load IR's! I find I need to run my 11R through an IR (usually on my Mac) in order to really enjoy it, hence why I considered the Logidy. Way back in the day I used and loved a Yamaha DG Stomp, and the Amplifier box reminds me a lot of that, even including the color! On the 11R I've been meaning to use and set up the Behringer foot controller but instead that thing just sits in the corner and gives me funny looks that make me feel guilty for never getting it going.

Anyways, assuming you go through the trouble of running the 11R and Amplifire through identical IR's, how similar are they in terms of sounds and feel? I like that the 11R is detailed enough to give you different controls for different amp models, but of course that's not very important. I also like the sag you can get out of the models, for a real "pissed off" raging overdriven amp sound.

Probably the biggest thing I'd be worried about losing is the True-Z feature of the 11R... again, its not *important* but its a nice touch that the amps really react differently to my different guitars and different pickups (i.e. going from PAF's to EMG's to Fender single-coils). Do you find you miss this at all on the Amplifire?

#44549 - 09/11/15 10:27 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: Sumit Agarwal]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
the amplifire is a different animal, but it still feels right. you can't go wrong with either unit.

using the same IR they both sound different. the amps that were modeled we not the exact same amp, so the models won't match between the two units.

#44557 - 09/12/15 12:48 PM Re: Eleven Rack vs Axe-FX II vs AmpliFire [Re: singtall]
Sumit Agarwal Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
the amplifire is a different animal, but it still feels right. you can't go wrong with either unit.

using the same IR they both sound different. the amps that were modeled we not the exact same amp, so the models won't match between the two units.

Thanks Singtall!

At the moment (including your lucky BETA experience), which would you say is the better animal of the two different animals when it comes to pure, raw, unadulterated preamp and poweramp modeling? I'm a way meat+potatoes guitar tone guy so not worried about effects, and anyway would rather apply those using dedicated gear. Also, as before, in either case I'd be using the same cabinet IR's, which of course is muuuuch easier with the Amplifier but ultimately should be identical cabinet sound (except, maybe, for the "speaker breakup" feature in the 11R).

EDIT: for reference some tones I really like, that are both raw and organic, are Pelican and Russian Circles

Edited by Sumit Agarwal (09/12/15 05:16 PM)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >