Ok.. let me circle back on this as it's been a LONG time and I just ran into this issue again.. I'll try to explain in much better this time. I've been using Pro Tools for a while now and the issue doesn't exist there, but I just tried using Studio One again and ran into the problem right off the bat.

First, my setup is like this:
My Eleven Rack has XLR cables going to my Monitors for sound output. If I simply turn on the 11R and my monitors I can play my guitar at will and all sounds fine. I've also got the USB cable from the 11R plugged into my computer so that I can use it as an interface when I use a DAW.

Now.. here is what I'm talking about. If I'm playing my guitar "stand-alone" everything sounds fine. If I then open Pro Tools and have the 11R configured as my interface the sound immediately stops coming out of my speakers until I create a track, set the input to be for example GuitarL and turn on the Input Monitoring for the track. Then I can hear the guitar again.

Now if I do the same thing in another DAW (Studio One in this case), the sound continues to come out of the speakers no matter what. If I then create a track in my DAW, set the input etc... I'm still hearing the guitar no matter what. If I then turn on Input monitoring on the track in Studio One, now I'm hearing TWO instances of my guitar... the one from the 11R AND the instance on the track! Pro Tools is smart enough to cut the sound of my guitar to the speakers from the 11R until I add the track and turn on input monitoring.

What am I missing here?

**UPDATE** Oh boy.... just checked the 11R forum on DUC and searched around.. seems this is a common issue for anyone NOT using Pro Tools. Looks like the 'Best' solution is the three cable method and running out of the 11R into another interface.. which I find lame. One of the appeals is using the 11R as my interface.. *sigh*

Edited by Robitaille20 (08/28/16 01:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Updated