Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44244 - 08/11/15 01:01 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Downrazor11]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i'm so close to getting the tone i want out of the 11R that i hate to have her spend the money.

i will get the general consensus on my latest Friedman presets for the 11R and see.

presets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qivnr3z99h8t5l/Friedman%20heads.zip?dl=0

the axe-fx II just sounds and feels "bigger" than the 11R. of course i'm using two different cabs to get the extra width and feel that i like and the 11R can only go there with an Epsi.

#44249 - 08/12/15 08:53 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
AmpliFIRE on the way! girlfriend rocks!

Tom from studio devil said that the Friedman BE is on the short list of amps to model, so i'm in.

#44250 - 08/12/15 08:59 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: dmock66]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: dmock66
GET IT.

I REALLY like the AmpliFIRE! To me, it is what the 11R wanted to be, but also in a floor based implementation. They took the same approach - fewer amp models, fewer effects, but everything is of high quality. The ability to load your favorite IR makes it what I always felt the 11R tried to be.

I like having any effect I tend to typically use available on any preset - so I run a M-9 with mine. Makes things really easy with regard to bouncing between a cover band and playing at church - primarily with some specific dotted 8th delays and trems I use at church that I don't with a cover band. Aside from that - I've decided I prefer direct preset access by banks of 4 so I got a Disaster Area DMC-8d midi controller.

But yeah - it's pretty awesome, IMO. And... it's an active product so they're going to continue to add amp models/features.

DUDE!!! just wait a little longer and get a Helix so you can sell me the "helix superpack" grin I need "my Boy Blue" on it for 1. I pre-ordered mine and the all in one box thing is one of the pro's I see in it. maybe she can take some of the sting out of the price tag for ya... smirk LOL. hint: if you have a friend at GC in your area you need to get them to use there "friends and family 20% off" coupon for you. they get 2 a month... GC has an ETA on there computer of 9-11-15 at there main warehouse.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5