Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44170 - 07/22/15 09:24 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Bzer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i will save the presets that are on there first, then make sure the latest firmware is installed. then i will load up a bunch of IR's. i need to find some of my old IR's. for some reason i can't find a backup of anything that i did on the axe-fx II, just axe-fx Ultra backups.

i really was hoping to have some of my old presets as a starting point. but they may not be worth anything on the new firmware.

clips and presets to come soon.

#44171 - 07/22/15 09:28 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
didn't you make a AXE FXII super pack for the folks that had the 11r super pack???? I remember you talking about it. check your drop box

Edited by jaminjimlp (07/22/15 09:29 AM)

#44174 - 07/23/15 12:40 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: jaminjimlp]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
Sing, did you audition that Splawn patch?

#44175 - 07/23/15 09:35 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Birdie]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
yep. tons of gain, reverb and chorus. total 80's shredfest to be had with that tone. i shredded a few minutes on it.

i factory defaulted the axe-fx and loaded up a bunch of my firmware 11 presets, which were way too loud and needed tweaking.

i love this machine!

#44177 - 07/25/15 04:45 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: singtall]
Lawless33 Offline

Loc: IN
Ross, I was hoping you'd get an Atomic Amplifire and Atomic CLR wedge so you could make my life easier! smile

I'm still using my Eleven Rack at church (for the time being) and just recently got my CLR a couple of weeks ago. So far so good.

I need to get more comfortable with the switches on the Amplifire and get my Ground Control Pro buttons set up to work with it.

Wes

Edited by Lawless33 (07/25/15 04:45 PM)
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack
Atomic Amplifire with Atomic CLR
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

#44178 - 07/26/15 09:38 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Lawless33]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
how does the ampòlifire sound compared to 11r?

#44179 - 07/26/15 11:02 AM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Christophersad]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

i hate to say it, but the 11R is not nearly as good as the Amplifire. Way better modeling and the ability to load IR's.

The effects are pretty basic, but I think sound really good, but the thing has crazy routing possibilities that the 11R has none of, and it is meant to be used on a pedal board, so you can have any effect there is..

The Amplifire is the best budget item you can get if you cannot afford an Axe FX 2, hands down.

#44180 - 07/26/15 04:11 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Birdie]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: Birdie
i hate to say it, but the 11R is not nearly as good as the Amplifire. Way better modeling and the ability to load IR's.

The effects are pretty basic, but I think sound really good, but the thing has crazy routing possibilities that the 11R has none of, and it is meant to be used on a pedal board, so you can have any effect there is..

The Amplifire is the best budget item you can get if you cannot afford an Axe FX 2, hands down.

What kind of routing can it do that the 11R can't? Pretty much every block can move in the 11R to where you want it.

#44181 - 07/27/15 04:35 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: noguud]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: noguud
Originally Posted By: Birdie

What kind of routing can it do that the 11R can't? Pretty much every block can move in the 11R to where you want it.

yea interested too smile too bad i cant compare the units and noone seem to have ever made a direct comparsion online,except maybe some folks here smile

Edited by Christophersad (07/27/15 04:36 PM)

#44186 - 07/27/15 09:00 PM Re: axe-fx II calling me.... [Re: Christophersad]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

I guess in my mind there are a lot more choices in routing, plus there is the effects loop, that in my mind, along with the IR loading, totally completes the obsolescence of almost every other modeler out there. The next step is $1500+ so you save about $1000 and get 90% (IMHO)of an Axe FX II unit.

I had to sell all of the above again, but in the future, I will not hesitate to get another AmpliFire and be more than happy with it.

If I ever get the $$$ again to get another Axe FX II, I could die happy! smile

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >