Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44339 - 08/20/15 09:07 AM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: jaminjimlp]
TheHog107 Offline
advanced member

The impression I got was Chappers was more blown away by the Atomic Amplifire

#44344 - 08/20/15 11:09 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: jaminjimlp]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

I think its promising but after getting the pod hd pro, I'm super skeptical.
Im going to wait for Ola and Fluff to review it as they get closest to the tones I would be using.

#44345 - 08/21/15 06:36 AM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: TheHog107]
my11usr Offline

Originally Posted By: TheHog107
The impression I got was Chappers was more blown away by the Atomic Amplifire

I didnt hear him mention this in the vid.
Or are you saying his reaction is compared to another review.
The helix certainly offers a lot …more than enough for me at my level.
Great time to be a guitarist smile

#44346 - 08/21/15 07:00 AM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: my11usr]
TheHog107 Offline
advanced member

No he didn't mention it. Just an observation from watching his reaction from the previous video.

#44347 - 08/21/15 07:18 AM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: TheHog107]
my11usr Offline

^^ Ah.. i thought it may be that.

#44353 - 08/21/15 03:39 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: my11usr]
Justin Offline

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Ya know... I love Sean Halley. I love Line6 effects although personally don't use them much - I wish Pod Farm effects were better supported in plugins. I have a Pod HD 500 and think it's great for effects and actually a great foot controller for the eleven rack - but just don't dig the amp modeling in it.

A couple of things about Helix I find disappointing.
1.) No bluetooth - iPad/iPhone connectivity? The put it in FireHawk why not Helix? This makes no sense to me.
2.) The modeling - I haven't heard any sound examples online that sound good to me - lots of digital fizzyness and harshness - nothing that makes me feel like - oh that's a tube amp except maybe the clean sounds and, frankly, clean sounds are easy IMHO.
3.) Complicated looking. The more I hear things like "we spent hours and hours on the user interface" the more I cringe. The thing looks complicated because... well... it is complicated! Effects by their very nature are complicated. Customizing is key and they should show whatever the software editor looks like right up front.

If I were gonna buy from Line6 right now, I'd probably look at the Firehawk because of the bluetooth convenience.

But who cares... we all just want great tones and playability. Prove that to me above all else.

#44383 - 08/24/15 06:51 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: Rushian]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I can't figure out for the life of me why people are going all out for a 1500.00 unit they haven't even heard yet. If it sounds good and I hope it does great, but at 1500.00 you are really close to the original mark II ?

#44392 - 08/27/15 04:24 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: zacflame]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

meh.. for right now.. I'm still good.. I can take my 11R and get on stage w/ Laryy and he's loaded to the gills with all the new toys from AxeFx.. I still like my tone better everytime..
I can see the connectivity with blkuetooth/iphone/pad/pod.. being an issue and yeah.. with everything else.. you'd think that's a bit of an oversight.. small.. BUT still way relevant IMO.. seeing as non-tech phobic/open minded guitarist (say vs any analog/tube purist) are going to be the ones snapping this up.. and those being tech minded folks.. that could be a let down.. especially if a previous model of anything had/has it. Could be viewed as a let down/compromise/cut corner to a prospective buyer who'd want to get the most out of the unit.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#44419 - 08/31/15 02:16 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: Intelli-Shred]
TheHog107 Offline
advanced member

A waay better demo, than the previous one.

Awesome!

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZurmlRlUM][/url]

#44433 - 09/01/15 11:06 PM Re: Check out the new Line 6 Helix... [Re: TheHog107]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: TheHog107
A waay better demo, than the previous one.

Awesome!

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZurmlRlUM][/url]

I fixed your link bro and found another as well.... I am really getting excited now.....

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >