Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43790 - 05/28/15 12:03 PM Re: 12" full range driver suggestions please [Re: Cem]
Paul in Iowa Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
what is the combo amp??
just wanting to see if it is a clean pure amp or if it is a standard guitar amp.....

for the 11r I would use a good pa style setup... or some say a bass setup works well.....

I went the route of the Behringer head as I can hit the amp as left right and clean... then the bugura 4/12 guitar speakers...
I get all I need out of 2 full stacks (that's 8 drivers left and 8 drivers right) and 2 heads for 220 watts music power....

I am looking at running 2 peavey 215's per side for pa with a matching 4 peavey amps..... the 15 inch drivers work well for full audio...

plenty of headroom...

and may add 2 18 inch cabs later with 2 more large amps for the bottom to cover the new synth guitar setup....

it all depends on what sound you have chased with the 11r and need to reproduce... and at what DB... in how large of venue...

ev and several others have been in this for many years and have great products.... I all depends on "your sound"
I would go for flat.... hard to get that!!
it will reproduce the 11r as good as you can get...
flat is not a dead sound...
but maybe 20hz to 20kz at +or- 1 db and a 64 band digital eq to smooth that to close to 0 db flat....

as far as ev these are good 280 usd at this date
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EVM12L

they are nice flat!!
if it is in a combo I would do both of them...
maybe stack a horn along the side on a separate cab to get the upper fq's if you need them.

I am a fan of cast frame drivers.
they tend to be more efficient and accurate.

just a few thoughts...

#43793 - 05/29/15 12:35 AM Re: 12" full range driver suggestions please [Re: Paul in Iowa]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Yea its not 12" but I can guaranty you wont be sorry @ 800 watts and it's FRFR plus it has Smart Speaker modes with DSP sound optimization.... and OH it ain't cheap. but it's worth it!!!

Line 6 StageSource Powered Speakers Features:

• Intelligent powered 2-way speaker with 800 watts of power
• Smart Speaker modes with DSP sound optimization
• L6 Link digital networking
• Built-in mixer (SSL2T only)
• Extremely versatile system

#43938 - 06/20/15 11:05 AM Re: 12" full range driver suggestions please [Re: jaminjimlp]
Cem Offline

Loc: London UK
That's great but bit costly.
Anyone had any experience with Behringer b210d or b208d? They are cheap cheerful I've heard... I know they they are Behringer LOL! However like the Behringer FCB1010 midi board, people claim they have nailed it with these speakers. I have never tried these so any inputs welcome as I am now considering to replace my 12" active monitor with one of these.
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43943 - 06/20/15 04:06 PM Re: 12" full range driver suggestions please [Re: Cem]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Behringer has been on a roll lately, and they now offer a 3 year warranty on many (all?) of their products. I recently purchased an XR18 digital mixer, and am really liking it.

I've read good reviews for several of their recently released powered speakers.

My choice of cheap and (at least) decent has been the Alto Professional Truesonic TS110A, a powered 10" P.A. / monitor speaker. I like it a lot, use it regularly, and am thinking of getting another for a matched set.

#43944 - 06/20/15 06:51 PM Re: 12" full range driver suggestions please [Re: Marc C.]
Cem Offline

Loc: London UK
Good to hear?Thanks! I will look out for those. However I still want to hear about the Behringers. Anyone out there tried these please?
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2