Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43357 - 04/02/15 06:17 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Downrazor11]
Rob Wots Offline
advanced member

Loc: Manchester UK
Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Originally Posted By: Rob Wots
there are some things that you can do in pro tools with the 11R that you can't with other DAW's, just off the top of my head i can think of three.
embed settings
the eleven rack mini window
the 11R templates

I think they dropped the mini-window from the PT11 version, now it's covered by the stand-alone editor. Still, it might be nice to embed settings and have templates, but I always build and save my own templates and have never used embed settings so it doesn't impact my workflow, ymmv.
i'm on PT11 and it has the mini window but i don't know if 12 does. i could live without the mini window tbh.

embed settings is one of the those things that now i've had, i'd honestly hate to do without.

yes you're right about making templates but it's one of those touches i'd miss. it's the way the eleven as an interface integrates with pro tools that i like, it's all little things like when you click I/O and everything's listed. i know none of it is crucial to making a great track but it just makes it nice to use, it feels like one thing if you know wot i mean?

#43402 - 04/07/15 09:06 AM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Bob]
Cem Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: Bob
Originally Posted By: Cem
Nice one guys! That's a relief smile
@Downrazor11 some great tips there I will get my hands dirty!

Next question is where is the best place to sell the unused/unregistered out of the box PT11/12 (download) with ilok & reg card? Any price range ideas?

What do you want for it?

**UPDATE!** CONFIRMED BY EMAIL THAT YOU CAN UPGRADE THIS PT11 TO PT12 FREE OF CHARGE
For sale: unused/unregistered 'out of the box' PT11/12 (download required) with ilok & reg card. Looking for £350 delivered. Came with Eleven Rack. I am using Logic so no need for another DAW. Feel free to PM me.
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43405 - 04/08/15 08:27 AM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Cem]
Bob Online   content
advanced member

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: Bob
Nice one guys! That's a relief smile
@Downrazor11 some great tips there I will get my hands dirty!

Next question is where is the best place to sell the unused/unregistered out of the box PT11/12 (download) with ilok & reg card? Any price range ideas?

What do you want for it?

**UPDATE!** CONFIRMED BY EMAIL THAT YOU CAN UPGRADE THIS PT11 TO PT12 FREE OF CHARGE
For sale: unused/unregistered 'out of the box' PT11/12 (download required) with ilok & reg card. Looking for £350 delivered. Came with Eleven Rack. I am using Logic so no need for another DAW. Feel free to PM me.

Yes this is an AMNESTY upgrade because it was purchased AFTER 12 was released.

You ARE in fact entitled to Pro Tools 12 BUT you will need to buy a maintenance agreement (support contract Avid calls it) to get any upgrades or feature enhancement releases.

It is kind of a gray area here; While you are entitled to Pro Tools 12, a support contract was not included in the bundle, so if there are any feature releases or upgrades you would have to be on the support contract ($199 annually) in order to receive them.

So your price + $199 = $799 USD

#43410 - 04/08/15 12:49 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Bob]
Cem Offline

Sorry which part wasn't clear? Upgrade is "FREE OF CHARGE"
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43411 - 04/08/15 12:56 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Bob]
Cem Offline

Edited by Cem (04/08/15 03:04 PM)
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43412 - 04/08/15 01:09 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Cem]
Cem Offline

Edited by Cem (04/08/15 03:05 PM)
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43414 - 04/08/15 01:38 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Cem]
Rob Wots Offline
advanced member

Loc: Manchester UK
he goes to the trouble of explaining the situation to you and a smart arsed remark is the thanks he gets?

#43415 - 04/08/15 01:41 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Rob Wots]
Cem Offline

Originally Posted By: Rob Wots
he goes to the trouble of explaining the situation to you and a smart arsed remark is the thanks he gets?

Yes you right I should appologise! I just a bit frustrated and got it wrong.
LapSteel
Blues Harp
Mandolin

#43416 - 04/08/15 02:00 PM Re: Eleven Rack & Pro Tools 11/12 [Re: Cem]
Bob Online   content
advanced member

Loc: Iowa

YES as I said, you get a FREE amnesty upgrade to Pro Tools 12 because you bought that after 12 was released.

However, Pro Tools 12 requires that you also purchase a support plan ($199 for Pro Tools, $599 for Pro Tools HD) in order for you to be able to get any FURTHER upgrades. Bug fixes will be free but if there are new features added, they will not be available without the support plan.

Bundled Pro Tools (the 11 Rack + Pro Tools ) does NOT include the support plan.

Anyone currently running Pro Tools 9 - 11 can upgrade for $199.

A full version of Pro Tool 12 WITH the support plan is $899.

Just pointing out the details and economics is all, Brother.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >