Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43275 - 03/25/15 01:30 PM Re: Ownhammer ORANGE V3 Cabinets [Re: Downrazor11]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
At some point I will get some comparison clips up..

#43280 - 03/26/15 02:27 AM Re: Ownhammer ORANGE V3 Cabinets [Re: Downrazor11]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I need to try some more. I still think the previous method and mixes are good and have a better feel overall, but these will be great for riffing and things or with an EQ. They're particularly good with more gain, so the M2 Lead sounds really great with it and dialing down a bit on my guitar still leaves me with quite a lot of dynamics and I want to say a more album like tone like for instance reminds me of the Extreme III sound with my guitar now. Since I usually always EQ quite a bit, they were quite usable for certain styles and you'll most likely be tweaking your presets yet again, but should be getting some interesting sounds you couldn't get before. I was going to say that the harmonics are a lot better too, and there's more of an attack for me on neck pickup solos, but I think it's my mostly due to my new NYXL strings. Those are great.

Might have to check out the Sunn cabinet.

I think people who like bluesier and less gainy sounds will like these & will be great for blending in with the old ones on tracks. Lots of reamping to try again and see how it goes. I wish there were more DIs out there of popular songs because there's definitely some kind of raw studio tone matching or something happening and might not appreciate it until you're hearing it with the rest of the tracks.

#43284 - 03/26/15 11:41 AM Re: Ownhammer ORANGE V3 Cabinets [Re: Downrazor11]
stevesilk51 Offline

Loc: Kent, UK
Excuse me for being ignorant, but where are you using the IRs; within a DAW with the ELEVEN equivalent of a VST?

Thanks
Steve
Vox ad120vth stereo head (11rack through effects returns)
2 2x12 Celestion Greeback cabs
Yamaha Stagepas 300 used as studio monitor rig

#43285 - 03/26/15 01:08 PM Re: Ownhammer ORANGE V3 Cabinets [Re: stevesilk51]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Hi Steve, I am using it outside of a DAW, in an IR loader in the effects loop of the 11r. As far as the IR loader goes, some of us (myself included) are using the Logidy EPSi (version C), it is a stompbox style IR loader with stereo ins and outs and really low latency. I have it in the 11r effects loop after the cab block (with cab sim bypassed). This is then returned to the 11r and 11r rig-output to my FRFR (zlx12p). You can find out more about it here:

Logidy EPSi

Some other people are using the Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. in the same way. The Two Notes unit has a couple extra things like power tube amp emulation, MIDI, multiple footswitches, and more flexible EQing, but it is more than twice the price (~$475 vs $200).

These units both come with their own IRs of cabs, but I have found the OwnHammer IRs to be much better than the stock ones, for me at least..

Of course you can also use these IRs in a DAW, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edited by Downrazor11 (03/26/15 01:40 PM)

#43288 - 03/27/15 10:59 AM Re: Ownhammer ORANGE V3 Cabinets [Re: Downrazor11]
stevesilk51 Offline

Loc: Kent, UK
Thanks Downrazor, will look into this. Thought it would be a pedal of some sort. Appreciate the advice.

Steve
Vox ad120vth stereo head (11rack through effects returns)
2 2x12 Celestion Greeback cabs
Yamaha Stagepas 300 used as studio monitor rig

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2