Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43267 - 03/24/15 06:33 PM Practice speaker
Gibson57 Offline

Hey all, I'm all but sold on this unit (hurry up tax return!!) and just wondering if i can connect a some sort of crappy speaker to practice in my bedroom? I'm mostly going to use it (11r) for FX with my 100w 5153 /isp pro rack g/95Q wah for real deal playing. Would i have to disconnect everything to use said speaker?

On a side note i have a mini amp gizmo / midi mate and found good info already and believe it will, but would like a quick confirm that would work for single button patch/channel changes. Thanks in advance for any help.

#43276 - 03/25/15 02:59 PM Re: Practice speaker [Re: Gibson57]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
You can connect some computer speakers or something, but any speaker you hook up would have to be powered. You don't need a computer to run the 11r. I am not sure I understand about "disconnect everything to use said speaker", the way many people run it is to go through the rig output to a FRFR but you could get 90% of that going through the headphone-out plug into a set of aux-pluggable (not usb-only) computer speakers, then you wouldn't have to disconnect it from your main rig..

I don't have any experience with any footswitcher other than the Behringer FCB1010, it works great with midi!

#43278 - 03/25/15 04:16 PM Re: Practice speaker [Re: Downrazor11]
Gibson57 Offline

Thanks, that was the answer i was looking for! What i meant by disconnecting is pretty much what you said about not having to take it out of my rig to use. Should've worded that different. Thanks again, can't wait to pick one of these up.