Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42932 - 02/28/15 11:18 AM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: ProfessorBen]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Call the place and make sure they're cool with you bringing down your 11R and give a go with THAT amp.. that's ONLY way you're going know if they work well together.. it wouldn't hurt to bring YOUR main player as well.. unless they have a duplicate of you guitar there in stock.. tone is the sum yielded recipe of all the parts/ingredients combined.. doing this is really the closest insurance policy against later buyer's remorse when say the "honeymoon shine" wears off and Cinderella ain't so new and shiny anymore.. any place that has a problem with bring part of your personal rig down to try something out and get a feel for the big picture.. again unless they have EVERYTHING in your chain there ... call them.. make sure they're cool with it.. if not.. they determine whether or not you want to spend your money there.. if they're players.. they'll get it and they'll understand.. especially once you make it known that you sincerely intend on making the purchase should you like what you hear/feel in how well they sound and react/respond together...
oldest retail music trick in the book.. going way back before I was a kid working in the shops.. someone comes in and wants a guitar.. you let them try it out with the hottest amp in the house.. king tone with all the bells and whistles.. practically makes ANYTHING sound good.. but you're really hearing mostly the cool amp and NOT really listening for the wood.. you get home.. after the "shine" wears off.. you realize that instead of buying a Ritz.. you got stuck with a bland old Saltine cracker instead..
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#42936 - 02/28/15 02:26 PM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: Intelli-Shred]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Bingo!!!!!
http://www.laney.co.uk/products/product_details/162
This is it!!! I get to keep the JCM800. It's frfr for 11r and I can hook it up via 4 cable method to the Marshall to use the effects etc etc it's £299. Which is just about doable if I sell a guitar..........

#42961 - 03/02/15 09:59 AM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: ProfessorBen]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Have you try it? How does it compare to other FRFR, like an EV ZLX12P?

#43014 - 03/05/15 02:38 PM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: DonaldR]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Ha ha, ah well......I popped into the guitar shack and they offered me such a good price on the Engl I had to pull the trigger.
I can always sell it and make few quid if I don't like it, my wife suggested getting it and at least trying it out for a month or so.
It's awesome so far, I'll try to post a vid or two of my set up once I've got it dialled in.....thanks for everyone's input.

#43015 - 03/05/15 02:43 PM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

#43016 - 03/05/15 02:45 PM Re: Amp advice needed.... [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

[img]http://[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/wjyijq.jpg[/img][/img]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3