Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42342 - 01/06/15 03:54 PM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test ***** [Re: TLTD]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Thank you Jaminjimlp!! I checked the manual and the amp outputs are instrument level outputs so it saves me some $$$$! grin grin

Edited by Rushian (01/06/15 03:55 PM)
Edit Reason: Brain is not working today!

#45240 - 02/05/16 10:35 AM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: Rushian]
Kenneth Offline
advanced member

Loc: Norway
Maybe this has already been discussed, and better solutions found, but in case any techies out there are interested here it goes: After loding my Epsi with new IRs, and having them renamed using the Bulk Rename software, I use this cygwin-command to create a list of all the IRs:

Code:
find /cygdrive/i/EPDA/ -maxdepth 1 -name '*.wav' | cut -d "/" -f 5 > /cygdrive/c/Users/Kenneth/Dropbox/Eleven\ Rack/logidy-epsi-content.txt

The file "logidy-epsi-content.txt", which are uploaded to my Dropbox, now contains a list like this:
Code:
100 1X12 Celestion Blue.wav
101 1X12 Jensen P12R.wav
102 1X15 Jensen C15.wav
103 2X12 Alnico Blue.wav
104 2X12 Alnico Silver.wav

The list of currently loaded IRs are then available on my iPad.

Edited by Kenneth (02/05/16 11:53 AM)
Edit Reason: Provided more information

#45247 - 02/07/16 10:50 PM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: Kenneth]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Kenneth
Maybe this has already been discussed, and better solutions found, but in case any techies out there are interested here it goes: After loding my Epsi with new IRs, and having them renamed using the Bulk Rename software, I use this cygwin-command to create a list of all the IRs:

Code:
find /cygdrive/i/EPDA/ -maxdepth 1 -name '*.wav' | cut -d "/" -f 5 > /cygdrive/c/Users/Kenneth/Dropbox/Eleven\ Rack/logidy-epsi-content.txt

The file "logidy-epsi-content.txt", which are uploaded to my Dropbox, now contains a list like this:
Code:
100 1X12 Celestion Blue.wav
101 1X12 Jensen P12R.wav
102 1X15 Jensen C15.wav
103 2X12 Alnico Blue.wav
104 2X12 Alnico Silver.wav

The list of currently loaded IRs are then available on my iPad.

so is this a program? is it PC or apple only? where is it typed at? I like this solution but want to know more about how you did it.

I can no longer edit my original post but if I could I would definitely and this.
what I did was leave a copy of the folder on my PC open so I could see it. I like your idea better because you could print it out if you wanted to.

Edited by jaminjimlp (02/07/16 10:54 PM)

#45261 - 02/11/16 11:36 AM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: jaminjimlp]
Kenneth Offline
advanced member

Loc: Norway
Well, Cygwin is a Windows program, which emulates Apple iOS and Linux bash terminal. In other words, if you run iOS or linux, you can use the build in bash terminal, slightly modify the command I created, and off you go.

A better solution for Windows uses might be to use PowerShell, but I'm not a powershell user, but maybe someone else here might give it a go.

If you'd like to try out the cygwin command, you first need to install cygwin (https://www.cygwin.com/install.html), start the cygwin shell, use my command as a base but remember to change the paths' (/cygdrive/i/EPDA/ might not be correct for your computer, and /cygdrive/c/Users/Kenneth/Dropbox/Eleven\ Rack/logidy-epsi-content.txt will most definately not be correct for your environment).

#45265 - 02/11/16 02:56 PM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: Kenneth]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Hey jaminjimlp, mac has 'Automator' (in the applications folder) that can do the bulk renaming task. This is what my workflow looked like for the last renaming I did:

I have the workflow saved for anyone who might want it but it is pretty easy to make from scratch.

Also, when I renamed the Ownhammer V3 IRs I used a PC and read everything in from a spreadsheet (that way numbers could 'jump' and didn't have to be in sequential order), I don't remember exactly how I did it but it wasn't too hard to find with google. (I also have EPSi-numbered spreadsheets for the Ownhammer studio vintage and modern 412 packs as well as the 212 multi-speaker pack if anyone wants them.)

Edited by Downrazor11 (02/11/16 02:57 PM)

#45281 - 02/14/16 06:32 PM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: TLTD]
Chuck Offline

I haven't been around much, so what is the epsi?

#45286 - 02/16/16 07:46 AM Re: Epsi Hookup and Settings Tutoral and test [Re: Chuck]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
It's the Logidy EPSi, an IR loader that can load cab IRs to make the 11r sound and behave with a more amp-like response.. There are a few threads on here, just search 'EPSi'...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2