Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42289 - 01/01/15 01:49 PM Re: Audio Out through PC? [Re: midrange]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: midrange
In response to above.. I'm using Cubase. And SPDIF is a good solution for recording, but it kills my ability to control the 11R from my computer. Meaning I'd have to get up to go change presets.

I'm unsure if, even if ASIO4ALL will allow me to do what I want, that Cubase will allow me to. I believe I recall I need to set a master ASIO device, and I'm unsure if there's a way there that I can set different devices.

I just want to be able to record with Cubase through the 11R USB, as well as control the 11R through USB, and output the sound through my Firebox, or if necessary, my PC.

what interface are you referring to as "firebox"... If it has a spdif connection you can configure it with the 11r plugged in to the spdif and the usb but have your "firebox" as the main hardware and still have the 11r used as a recording input and not be the main interface. you just select the spdif connection and use the 11r standalone editor to control it. or for that matter connect the outputs of the 11r (xlr or 1/4") to your main interface.

#42298 - 01/02/15 07:11 AM Re: Audio Out through PC? [Re: jaminjimlp]
midrange Offline
advanced member

This is the firebox: http://www.presonus.com/products/FireBox

I think if I understand you correctly, if I use SPDIF, then everything audio related can be handled through the Firebox interface. I'd still have to run a USB to the PC, it just wouldn't be for audio purposes, but it'd still work to control my interface?

The only issue with that is running another cable, which I was trying to avoid. But it's definitely a solid backup option if the ASIO4ALL doesn't solve my issue.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2