Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36699 - 01/11/14 04:09 AM Pairing 11R with Boss GT100 for effects
Skid Offline

After selling my GT100 for my 11R, I started to miss the delays and clean tone out of the GTs.
Anyone has any thought if i were to add an GT100 in the effects loop of 11R. However, I have never regret on getting the 11R. It's just an awesome piece of shit just that I'm thinking of enhancing my current rig for more flexibility.

Regards,
J

#41990 - 11/24/14 09:36 AM Re: Pairing 11R with Boss GT100 for effects [Re: Skid]
Incubelieve Offline

Hey Skid

I got both units (and a few others). I do agree with you when you say you miss the delays, but clean tones, you can get some decent tones from the 11r. My solution is I have my signal path splited: chain 1 gos to eleven rack (have a Korg DL8000r in stereo loop for main delays) and then goes to Korg A2, then mixer. Then chain 2 goes to GT100 then Eventide H9 then mixer.

I believe that just a good delay unit/pedal would fit perfect with 11r. But if you want to have all the variety that the GT100 can give you, get another unit and do some tests. I didn't like the GT100 on 11r's loop. But tje Eleven rack on GT100 loop sound really good to me (using 11r just as an amp modeler). Anyway, need more tests and of course, everyone will connect it in a particular way.

Cheers!
Leo

#42011 - 11/27/14 08:42 AM Re: Pairing 11R with Boss GT100 for effects [Re: Skid]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

I send the GT-100 signal into the line-in ports of the 11R. In effect, that triples my rig options. It also gives me a different total sound. Many of my songs have both units in them.

The digital converters on the back of the 11R lose something in the conversion on some more spacey tones. I've been advised that the converters on the back on the line-in ports are a weak point. I'll be getting an interface for in between the 11R and PC, which both the 11R and Gt-100 will go in to. best of both worlds.

As far as effects, I have yet to run one in the other's effects loop. It's just so much easier to run an effect inside of Pro Tools. I'm not into massive sounding distortion, so I don't need to boost anything before the pre-amp beyond what I'm getting. besides, I could always re-amp something or run massive distortion in parrellel inside of Pro Tools and mix together. Easiest to leave as is. If I ever do need to do it, I can bring my GT-001 upstairs into the project studio and use it in the 11R effects loop.

all that's not even touching the service. I have the Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, which comes with Guitar Rig. More toys that I'll ever begin to play with. Geer's so awesome!!!!! smile

So, yes, a combination of the 001/100 and the 11R is a good thing, anyway you decide to use it. IMHO