Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41996 - 11/25/14 01:53 AM Picked up some nice Roland TD 11's
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Got them yesterday off Craigslist for $1k it was a great deal from a great guy, he had a studio in his basement some other nice equipment and we got to talking gear and since he was a guitar player to I started to tell him about the 11 rack and he was like "you mean one of these?" pointing at his rack and I said "so do you know about www.elevenrackpresets.com?" he said "No I never thought of looking for any online" so he navigated there and saved the bookmark so I hope to see him post here soon. I have had an old set of Alesis DM5's for abut 5 years and they have worked well for us and make a great live recording with my Line 6 M20D. I can't play drums but want to try to learn enough to be able to play on my recordings for my ideas for tunes.and these sound way beter than the Alesis set.

#42004 - 11/26/14 02:01 PM Re: Picked up some nice Roland TD 11's [Re: jaminjimlp]
DonaldR Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I have a Roland TD-5K for about 10 years. I don't play drums, no interest to learn, but it's way easier to have my friend drummer come to my house for a jam since I tell him to only bring its sticks smile

Cool also to jam full blown at 11pm with headphones when kids and wife are sleeping smile smile

We sometime record some sessions, stereo track for audio + one midi track (my module only send midi notes on one midi channel). After the session I split the midi track into separate tracks so it's then easier to mix and fix errors plus I can use drum sound samples.