Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41985 - 11/23/14 06:02 PM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
my first remix; more of an attempt to get the eq right on each instrument so everything has it's own space. check it out and let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/king-of-majesty-eq1

maybe too much bass?

now that i have more separation i can hear a bunch of flaws and timing glitches that will have to be fixed. oh, well...one step at a time.

the preset i used is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Recording%20Bogner.tfx

#41986 - 11/23/14 06:36 PM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey, Ross... not sure if you mean 'too much bass' (as in low end) in the guitar sound... but there is not. It sounds full but well defined - a great sound, actually.

If you mean the bass track is too loud, or too bassy, well, not for me, but I actually like a quite loud bass guitar in my mixes. The track is, however, a bit louder than it would be in most commercial mixes. Same thing for the kick drum. But that's purely a subjective call... others will have differing opinions.

#41987 - 11/23/14 07:02 PM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i was thinking that the bass guitar and kick drum are a little loud, but i'm not used to these subwoofers yet, so i wasn't sure. thanks.

#41988 - 11/24/14 04:44 AM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
hya man great job,yes i would lower the bass a bit,just a bit at least in the 1st part, then when all the instruments are in,its not that evident

Edited by Christophersad (11/24/14 04:46 AM)

#41991 - 11/24/14 09:41 AM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: jaminjimlp]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

I treat the Studio as the studio and Live is live.. completely different.. in my original stuff.. most of it is layered b/c a lot of the times.. its all me on all the instruments.. but live.. we're usually just a power trio.. so its much more stripped down.. no one ever ask.. what happened to that part or this sound when its not there live.. ever.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#41993 - 11/24/14 11:36 AM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: Intelli-Shred]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Man I really think it sounds great!!! IMHO don't change a thing... nothing is drowning out the other... I remember reading an old guitar player article were frank marino said that a in a good mix you should be able to single out any instrument and listen to it through the song so thats what i shoot for when I mix but my ear is not trained like yours.

#41995 - 11/25/14 12:33 AM Re: New church cd in the works [Re: singtall]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: singtall
my first remix; more of an attempt to get the eq right on each instrument so everything has it's own space. check it out and let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/king-of-majesty-eq1

maybe too much bass?

now that i have more separation i can hear a bunch of flaws and timing glitches that will have to be fixed. oh, well...one step at a time.

the preset i used is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Recording%20Bogner.tfx

I LOVE the song and the title!!!

I would not change anything; I can hear each instrument clearly and in my humble opinion this is a great balance of each instrument..... Like I and others have said before, I wish I had your ears man.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2