Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41793 - 11/05/14 10:11 AM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Intelli-Shred]
rublalup Offline
advanced member

Loc: florida
Great advices! looking forward for the patches... I havent been able to get as close as I want... theres is some "fuzzines" in the tone that I just cant get

#41806 - 11/06/14 12:16 PM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: rublalup]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
So I got to see Richie do a sound check last night at BB kings and this time he was using Bogner wooden boxes with speakers in em' wink Not sure what he was feeding them with.

BUT, I did get to see him do an interview (I am assuming for Tech 21) on his new signature pedal. This a variation of the Fly Rig 5 (two-stage overdrive, a delay with a tap tempo, and a flutter function, (for chorus type effect) and the SansAmp with reverb). Ritchie stated that he sets the SansAmp flat to take it out of the equation and only uses the reverb. This is an improvement on his 'home made version' that he used before (on Winery Dogs tour as Portnoy teased him about it).

As he went through the set up, it became clear that he sets the amp for a clean tone and uses the Pedal to get his tone! shocked grin

The major difference between the Fly Rig and Richie's signature version is the distortion in that it uses LED distortion (Like the RAT distortion pedal).

His rhythm tone is distortion with delay, reverb and a touch of the 'flutter' effect. When he needs the extra sustain (solo), he kicks in the boost on the overdrive. It doesn't alter the tone just adds major sustain. \m/

This explains to me how he keeps his tone (live at least) so consistent grin ! The interview was being videoed (or is that captured now?) so hopefully it will be on the Tech21 site or YouTube soon.

I didn't capture this (I decided to actually watch the gig rather then seeing it on my phone screen! :/), but here he is rockin' it last night!

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/YxNgBdhPv-E[/video]

Edited by Rushian (11/06/14 12:17 PM)

#41807 - 11/06/14 12:19 PM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/sL8P0Zau32g[/video]

#41808 - 11/06/14 12:20 PM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Rushian]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

don't know why, but videos are not being embedded frown , so just click the links

#41812 - 11/06/14 08:01 PM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Rushian]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i'm sorry but his pants were too distracting for me to watch. lol. is he bringing back the MC Hammer look?

#41818 - 11/07/14 10:26 AM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

LMAO, Yeah, he does not have the best dress sense!! We thought he was going for the Gandi look! shocked laugh laugh

#41819 - 11/07/14 10:34 AM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Rushian]
rublalup Offline
advanced member

Loc: florida
I´m gonna get a pair of those... it may help me getting closer

#41821 - 11/07/14 11:07 AM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: rublalup]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

I guess they keep the meat and 2 veg at the right temperature shocked so they may well work and be the secret ingredient to the tone!!! wink

#41846 - 11/09/14 06:25 PM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: Rushian]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
sorry for the delay in getting these presets made, it's been crazy at my house for the last 3 weeks. today was my first free day to work on presets.

as usual, these presets will be added to the superpack.

being close to holiday time, i felt like sharing these presets and a few more that i'm working on tonight.

enjoy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Winery%20Dogs.zip

oh, and i made these presets using a tele with stacked coils, so your mileage may vary....which is why i made 4 different presets for the same tone. any les paul type guitar should work ok. adjust to taste.

Edited by singtall (11/09/14 10:45 PM)

#41855 - 11/10/14 07:43 AM Re: Kotzen tone request [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall

being close to holiday time, i felt like sharing these presets and a few more that i'm working on tonight.
enjoy.

Thank you!! Hopefully I will find some time this week to check these out!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >