Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41721 - 10/28/14 03:37 PM Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor...
Simon Offline

Hey, I'm new here. I'm hoping to start using some presets but first I'm trying to figure out a big issue with my 11R. I have two PC systems and both do the same thing. They both run Windows 7 64-bit and I installed the 11R drivers and Standalone Editor. I plug in the USB cable from the 11R into the PC and the 11R gets detected by the PC. If I listen through the headphone during this time, I hear the sound go blank and it's just a weird static-digital noise. The Standalone Editor locks up too. The same problem is exhibited on both PCs. Then the 11R will not output anything (even when unplugged from USB) until I reset the 11R in the settings menu. Anyone have a clue what's going on here? I bought the 11R second-hand and it works fine unless I plug it in USB.

#41722 - 10/28/14 05:48 PM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: Simon]
Rob Wots Offline
advanced member

Loc: Manchester UK
are you trying it with a usb 3? if you are try it with a usb 2 port if you have one.

#41725 - 10/28/14 08:59 PM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: Rob Wots]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
usb cable is normally the problem.

#41726 - 10/28/14 11:36 PM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: singtall]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
I bought a nice long USB cable so my 11R can be in the studio, but it simply won't work right with a cable longer than about 5 feet. I have been on the phone with some serious computer techs, and they say the same with other equipment. Anything more than a printer, etc can't run a long cable. Or a cable with an extension cable.

#41728 - 10/29/14 10:40 AM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: Wannabe]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

back in the day when I was doing stuff with Line 6.. (now it cat cable.. so it may be different).. but I had a 50 footer made.. never tried an extended usb though..
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#41729 - 10/29/14 05:18 PM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: Intelli-Shred]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Yeah my new Eleven Rack, I would plug into a different USB slot and it'd fix it temporarily but then I switched to another cable and it's worked flawlessly since. Sometimes if I go into browsers or the kids play on my laptop, the standalone editor will crash so I made another Windows profile & just log into that and I can actually run the editor, browser, music player, Sonar, and no problems whatsoever so might be some issues with things running in the background or something. New profiles reset all the settings so you can troubleshoot but usually fix everything too. Definitely try a different cable first, that's a must.

#41752 - 11/01/14 08:54 PM Re: Weird issue with Eleven Rack and standalone editor... [Re: TLTD]
Simon Offline

I figured it out. I tried multiple USB cables and had the same issue. I ended up going to the Eleven Rack control panel in the Windows driver and changed the sample rate to 96k and it fixed it.