Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41664 - 10/23/14 07:23 AM Rig balancing
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

How many go through the whole rig balancing thing?
How many manually set levels across patches using your ears?
Pros?
Cons?
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#41678 - 10/23/14 07:37 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Brindle Offline

I found that rig balancing in the user options works OK. I am navigating my Eleven R without an interface. Load all your patches next to each other so when you scroll through rig balancing you can set levels by ear. I bounced between rigs with my midi controller and the levels reverted back to prior setting. Rotating the rig/scroll knob saves new setting.

#41679 - 10/23/14 11:32 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Brindle]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
May I slightly correct this: when you're in Rig Balancing mode, you can scroll through your presets using the scroll knob. But to save the changes you made using the parameter knob below the display you need to leave Rig Balancing mode using the edit/back button. This will let 11R go through all presets you have just changed and store the new values, i.e. overwrite the previously saved ones.
I do use Rig Balancing frequently on stage, because having correct levels between patches is the most difficult thing to do and besides having an expression pedal to jump on for quick corrections Rig Balancing is the most important tool.

#41680 - 10/24/14 01:25 AM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Markus]
Brindle Offline

I was trying rig balancing semi hands free with my midi pedal. You know rig A1 hit a note jump to A4 hit a note and adjust rig volume pop back to A1 hit a note back to A4 and the level was not saved.
Went back to scroll and all rigs saved new levels as you adjusted them, then hit save and back.

#41682 - 10/24/14 08:17 AM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Brindle]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

ok.. stupid question.. this isn't matching volumes and evening things out FOR you?.. its just you grouping these together making changes scrolling back and forth between the presets and then backing out and saving them?.. isn't that like the same thing as just scrolling through one at a time and just listening?.. its not really doing/adjusting anything?
Morley Endorsing Artist

#41683 - 10/24/14 11:49 AM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Markus Offline
advanced member

I don't know if I understand your question completely, but basically "Rig balancing" does not introduce a new parameter to the presets, it is more like a different way to check one parameter that is part of every preset: the rig volume. If you go to "Rig balancing" you will see a list of your presets and there is just one thing you can adjust: the rig volume of the preset which is currently chosen. Choosing is done with the increment control and the parameter value is adjusted with one of the knobs, as always. When you chose the next preset, it is being activated so you can play the sound and listen to the volume. If it needs to be adjusted, turn the parameter knob. Then use the incremental to go to the next preset and adjust that. When you're done with all adjustements (you can even go back to the first or second preset to check again) hit the "edit/back" button and THEN 11R will save all the changed rig volume values in the respective presets.
This is the same thing as if you would call each preset with your foot controller, hit "edit", scroll to the volume block and adjust the rig volume. It is one and the same parameter. "Rig balancing" just offers a more comfortable way to adjust the levels of many presets quickly including the option to directly compare them.
I hope this makes the function clearer. It is one of the best features of 11R, particularly for live playing. It has saved my ass many times. wink

#41685 - 10/24/14 12:19 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Markus]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

THANKS Markus!.. THAT helped... a lot. Now.. I'm like.. why didn't I see that to begin with. lol
Morley Endorsing Artist

#41686 - 10/24/14 12:34 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Brindle Offline

Works for me. The less time I have to spend scrolling and actually setting a level and listening the better. This is why I prefer to have the rigs on the same bank or in succession. On the Digitech GSP midi controllers you could call patch/rig A1 with pedal 5 and call patch t3 with pedal 4 for example.
I am using the Roland GFC 50 to control the unit.
Are there any controllers on the market that work lick the Digitech?

#41687 - 10/24/14 12:53 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Markus]
Brindle Offline

I found in Rig Balancing after you reset a level on a rig rotate the scroll knob to save your last adjustment/setting. Simply rotate the scroll knob before leaving Rig Balancing or the last rig adjusted will not be saved. This is true even if one rig or more are adjusted.
Can someone confirm this?
Originally Posted By: Markus
I don't know if I understand your question completely, but basically "Rig balancing" does not introduce a new parameter to the presets, it is more like a different way to check one parameter that is part of every preset: the rig volume. If you go to "Rig balancing" you will see a list of your presets and there is just one thing you can adjust: the rig volume of the preset which is currently chosen. Choosing is done with the increment control and the parameter value is adjusted with one of the knobs, as always. When you chose the next preset, it is being activated so you can play the sound and listen to the volume. If it needs to be adjusted, turn the parameter knob. Then use the incremental to go to the next preset and adjust that. When you're done with all adjustements (you can even go back to the first or second preset to check again) hit the "edit/back" button and THEN 11R will save all the changed rig volume values in the respective presets.
This is the same thing as if you would call each preset with your foot controller, hit "edit", scroll to the volume block and adjust the rig volume. It is one and the same parameter. "Rig balancing" just offers a more comfortable way to adjust the levels of many presets quickly including the option to directly compare them.
I hope this makes the function clearer. It is one of the best features of 11R, particularly for live playing. It has saved my ass many times. wink

#41689 - 10/24/14 02:17 PM Re: Rig balancing [Re: Brindle]
Markus Offline
advanced member

I am away from my 11R right now but i will check that and get back to you tomorrow morning!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >