Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41595 - 10/16/14 05:39 PM New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!!
jlagrassa Offline

Hi guy's my name is John and I'm new to the forum and the 11Rack as well, been wanting to try this for a while and had chance to pick this up at a good price ($250). It's still Ver 1.03 and it didn't come with Pro Tools which is fine by me, spent a few days just figuring this out but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Found a patch I liked it's D4 Black Hat and all I tweaked was the microphone I thought that's all it needed, I recorded this direct into my mixer then into my computer. Check it out if you want let me know what you think... I think this box will be a lot of fun!!

Anyway hope to learn from you guys as time goes on and contribute as well!

https://soundcloud.com/j-lagrassa/black-hat

#41596 - 10/16/14 08:44 PM Re: New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!! [Re: jlagrassa]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
good stuff. i like the preset tone you have there, oh course i'm and old EVH fan and that tone is right up that alley.

getting the updated firmware unlocks this orange box of goodness more than you would believe. i highly suggest getting the update.

welcome to club orange!

#41599 - 10/17/14 04:35 AM Re: New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!! [Re: singtall]
jlagrassa Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
good stuff. i like the preset tone you have there, oh course i'm and old EVH fan and that tone is right up that alley.

getting the updated firmware unlocks this orange box of goodness more than you would believe. i highly suggest getting the update.

welcome to club orange!

Thanks Singtall I definitely want the expansion pack, probably will hook up my old computer with XP to do the upgrade I've read the updater is not to friendly with Win 8.1

#41620 - 10/18/14 03:45 PM Re: New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!! [Re: jlagrassa]
jlagrassa Offline

Installed the expansion pack today no problem, used my old computer with Win XP. Already found a new amp model I like its the Bogner Blue channel, very responsive!!

#41622 - 10/18/14 06:57 PM Re: New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!! [Re: jlagrassa]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
the Bogner blue and ampeg were easily worth the money.

#41674 - 10/23/14 01:24 PM Re: New guy here, here is my first attempt at tweaking this Orange box!! [Re: singtall]
brianexton Offline

Loc: Ohio
Ive used the ampeg rig for my last couple gigs and have recieved complements on my bass sound and guys asking "where the hell is your amp?" lol.