Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41741 - 11/01/14 12:36 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Austin]
Robitaille20 Offline

Guys.. my sincerest apologies for not getting back to you all on this. As of yet I still haven't been able to give the parallel installation a go to test the drivers/editor under Yosemite yet. I no more than got the broken studio desk issue resolved and then ended up having the craziest accident that caused a serious infection in my wrist that nearly required hospitalization. Twice a day antibiotic IV's for the last 4 days and I'm getting back to being able to use my hand. Due to work now for the next three days I'm hoping to get a chance to try this early next week.

I'll keep you all posted. Ugh.. what a week.

#41753 - 11/02/14 07:31 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Robitaille20]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Sorry to hear about that.. hope you're on the mend and having a much better time of it!
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#41760 - 11/02/14 05:48 PM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Robitaille20 Offline

Thanks Shred! I'm definitely on the mend... 10000% better than it was even a day ago....

#41770 - 11/03/14 10:37 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Robitaille20]
JerEvil Offline

Glad you are on the mend. I am wondering if I should just wait to update my OS.

#41777 - 11/04/14 09:19 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: JerEvil]
Robitaille20 Offline

Alright all.. I just kicked off the download of the installer. Once that is done I'll get to work on making the bootable media and get a clean install to an external disk... stay tuned!

#41779 - 11/04/14 12:54 PM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Robitaille20]
Robitaille20 Offline

Ok all.. here is what I've found! I did a clean/fresh install to an external disk as to not trash/upgrade my existing Mavericks install. After the install was completed I went to Avid's site to download the Eleven Rack drivers just to make sure I had the latest and greatest. The drivers installed with no issues what so ever.

Next I installed the Eleven Rack editor and the install went smooth. I did however run into a strange issue when trying to run the Editor for the first time. The Editor threw errors and eventually crashed out after reporting that it couldn't find a few particular iLok drivers. I tried to run it again after the first failure to see if it would get any further and did the same thing. Avid's KB for the editor mentioned that if you don't have the drivers installed, the Editor installer should put them in place. Clearly that wasn't the case. Since I do have Pro Tools I was going to need to install the iLok drivers anyway- so I downloaded the latest from the iLok site and installed. Once that was completed the Editor launched no problem.

I loaded and changed presets and tweaked some settings for a bit and had no issues using the editor.

I installed Pro Tools 11.2.1 and had no issues using the Eleven Rack as an audio interface. All looks good! The only thing that may be a drawback would be those that don't use Pro Tools and not wanting to install the full-blown iLok software. There may be a workaround for that, but as I stated- it wasn't a concern for me.

Anyway, this was my experience- I consider it stable/good enough that I'm about to do a backup of my existing Mavericks system and then do a clean install for real.... and of course...this is just my experience- you mileage may vary :-)

#41788 - 11/05/14 09:39 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Robitaille20]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

@Rob.. Thank you my friend for taking the time to run this and to share your outcome.. MUCH appreciated! \m/!!!
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#41791 - 11/05/14 10:08 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Intelli-Shred]
JerEvil Offline

Hmmm …

Since I am not using PT (I am a Logic Pro user) I am really only concerned about the stand-alone editor working. I guess I better get more familiar with programming on the unit itself?

#41794 - 11/05/14 10:14 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: JerEvil]
Robitaille20 Offline

Originally Posted By: JerEvil
Hmmm …

Since I am not using PT (I am a Logic Pro user) I am really only concerned about the stand-alone editor working. I guess I better get more familiar with programming on the unit itself?

Yeah that's kinda why I mentioned that. I only have Pro Tools because I recently bought the Eleven Rack and it came with PT. I've been messing around with it, but really prefer Logic Pro X and Studio One. I have Steven Slate Plugins as well, and they need the iLok... so the real deal drivers were needed anyway.

One thing to note is that I did a fresh and clean install which is what I like to do anyway.. BUT I would imagine that if you did an in place upgrade you won't have that issue since whatever is needed is more than likely already installed. Can't be certain, but I bet the odds are pretty good.

Edited by Robitaille20 (11/05/14 10:16 AM)

#41945 - 11/21/14 07:06 AM Re: Driver/Editor Compatibility with Yosemite? [Re: Robitaille20]
Oblivion Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey guys, I joined this forum specifically to let you know that the standalone editor DOES work on Yosemite without ProTools.

I am brand new to having a MacBook Pro (thus it came with Yosemite) and got my ElevenRack just a week before. The installer for the editor looks for the iLok software, but doesn't actually seem to use it.

On my fresh install of Yosemite, I installed the 11R driver, started the editor install and downloaded/installed the iLok software when prompted, but never inserted my iLok and didn't have to sign into my account. Also, I had not yet installed PT10 (what I have a license for - and did get running eventually - different story). I then installed the Eleven Rack Editor. It's as fully functional as I'd expect and I've used it to control the rack while tracking in Reaper.

I hope that helps folks like JerEvil. YMMV, etc.

Edited by Oblivion (11/21/14 07:08 AM)
Edit Reason: Typos.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >