Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41624 - 10/18/14 07:08 PM Tonematch using the Epsi
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
no, i haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of things to do. now that TLTD is back in the saddle, i was hoping he would jump right in and show us the way.

i know you can use an eq from Izotope Ozone to tonematch eq settings, from there i was told that there is a way to export that setting and load it as an IR....i've just never tried it.

Tonematch is one thing that i do miss from the axe-fx II. so much so that i listed a bunch of stuff for sale on Craigslist in order to fund buying a used axe-fx II. I still don't have the funds, but when i do, i can see owning it again.

meanwhile, the 11R plus Epsi does a great job of giving me good tone.

anybody care to pave the way to Tonematching?

#41625 - 10/18/14 07:17 PM Re: Tonematch using the Epsi [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

here is an example of how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl684tupzpk

#41629 - 10/19/14 01:21 AM Re: Tonematch using the Epsi [Re: singtall]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
Sounds very interesting, but don't I need an isolated guitar track of the song I wanna copy the guitar tone from? If you're lucky, the song might start with just the guitar part, but in most cases it doesn't. Problem?

#41633 - 10/19/14 01:22 PM Re: Tonematch using the Epsi [Re: Markus]
singtall Offline
veteran member

yep, you gotta have an isolated guitar part, and you have to play the part exactly the same way. it's a little work, but i successfully did it with the axe-fx II. the Ozone method is supposed to be more exact though.