Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41429 - 10/06/14 09:45 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: singtall]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
That sounds awesome. As long as you can at least tell us which IRs, we'll most likely get them if we don't already have them, or try and mimic the same sound based on that information.

#41433 - 10/06/14 02:57 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: TLTD]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
that sound perfect for saving the ir's in the 900 thing and a key code sheet for them

#41434 - 10/06/14 11:29 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
ok, ok, ok, folks...I'm about to pull the trigger on the EPSi, but one more question: I know a lot of you are much into heavy / hi gain sounds, metal and such. What you call "crunch" may be medium-to-hi-gain for others...;)
I am a top40 player and I need sounds from the cleanest Nile Rodgers stuff up to the rock classics from Kiss, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and the likes. Plus all the pop/rock stuff that's in between. Some SRV as well (think "China girl" and "Let's dance").
So, the bottom line is: do you think I can work with the EPSi if I can not switch between various IRs (I only play live and there's no time to do that)? Or is it unrealistic to hope the chosen IR (whichever one it will be) can work equally well for all sounds? Which means I would have to go for something like the Two Notes Torpedo CAB which has MIDI on board.
If someone could respond on this that would be a huge help.

#41436 - 10/07/14 07:43 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Markus]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I know it is my biggest complaint about the EPSi (not being able to footswitch up or down a patch), but in practice I have it on a stand near me while I am playing and I just switch IRs between songs. Once you know where things are (in what order) it isn't too bad really. I am not sure midi is worth an extra $300. An extra $100, yes, $300 no..

Edited by Downrazor11 (10/07/14 07:44 AM)

#41438 - 10/07/14 10:28 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

I guess I might add that I usually have 3 or 4 go-to IRs, and I could conceivably use only 1 of those and be happier than I would be using just the 11r. The challenge would be finding one that makes your tone shine for clean as well as crunch, but the OwnHammer IRs have about everything you could want (just takes a little time to find it).

#41439 - 10/07/14 10:35 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
Markus Offline
advanced member

...and you can still on a per-patch-basis disable the loop and use the 11r cab sim if you feel it suits e.g. a clean sound better, right?

#41440 - 10/07/14 10:47 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Markus]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Yeah, you don't need to touch the EPSi to do that, just switch to a patch that has the loop off and you are back to the 11r cabs.

#41448 - 10/07/14 05:31 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
StratGuru Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I kind of have the same issue as Markus as I have some mellow blues (Stereo Matches) patches I like to use as well as the heavy stuff. Finding one cab for all may be an issue. Plus, the ability to have multiple complete rigs on tap is the bonus of going with a rack unit. That said, the Epsi adds such character and depth it's worth it to pick an all around cab and stick with it.

I like the idea of picking 3 favs and setting them at 100,101,102. You can pull them up super fast and hit the load button without any big issue but, doing it during a song would be tricky. But if you only loaded the 3 cabs on the card it would be fairly idiot proof.

I'm all for helping design a system to reference patches and IR's in some kind of universal format. Should be easy enough.

Now I just need to find the perfect IR to use with Singtalls King's X patch!

#41484 - 10/09/14 10:30 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: StratGuru]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Ok, the samples I heard made me so Randy that I had to hit the "instant buy" button when yesterday an EPSi turned up in german ebay. It is the reverb version, but if I read everything correctly I can download the cab IR version firmware and replace it, right? Please say "Yes"! wink

#41490 - 10/10/14 07:52 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Markus]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Markus
Ok, the samples I heard made me so Randy that I had to hit the "instant buy" button when yesterday an EPSi turned up in german ebay. It is the reverb version, but if I read everything correctly I can download the cab IR version firmware and replace it, right? Please say "Yes"! wink

As I understand it, yes! smile

Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 >