Page 15 of 18 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41399 - 10/04/14 08:30 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: StratGuru]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
putting the cabinet before the amp model will result in a nasty sound for sure. i haven't tried it personally, but i know it would not be good.

#41404 - 10/04/14 01:39 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Originally Posted By: singtall
...but it wouldn't help anyway. you will have to pretty much start from scratch once you change the cab...because your preset will no longer be close to what it was (depending on which IR you load up).

That hasn't necessarily been my experience. True, there are some patches that will need tweaking to sound better after inserting the epsi, but for the most part the epsi has made existing patches sound better if not perfect with no tweaking. I don't do too much with low or mid gain tones so my experience generally has to do with a good high gain lead with delay and chorus, or clean with delay and chorus. You may find it needs less work than a complete reset of your patch. YMMV..

#41408 - 10/04/14 01:50 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
StratGuru Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Wow. That was fast. Ordered my Epsi on Thursday, it arrived today!

People may wonder what happened to me. I foresee a lengthy amount of unavailability in the immediate future.....

Quote:
That hasn't necessarily been my experience. True, there are some patches that will need tweaking to sound better after inserting the epsi, but for the most part the epsi has made existing patches sound better if not perfect with no tweaking. I don't do too much with low or mid gain tones so my experience generally has to do with a good high gain lead with delay and chorus, or clean with delay and chorus. You may find it needs less work than a complete reset of your patch. YMMV..

That's good to know. I was hoping to get lucky and get some immediate gratification. Thx.

#41411 - 10/04/14 02:14 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: StratGuru]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Some patches were perfect with the EPSi AND the OwnHammer Studio Mix pack (either vintage or Modern, both great) used together. The Logidy IRs weren't as impressive, still workable though (as Singtall mentioned)..

Edited by Downrazor11 (10/04/14 02:15 PM)

#41415 - 10/04/14 06:23 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
singtall Offline
veteran member

my experience is based on having an eq after the amp to fix the cab sound. adding the epsi made me turn off the eq and adjust the amp a little differently....for me, that's starting over because i'm turning off an eq that meant sometimes hours of work.

#41416 - 10/04/14 08:23 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
StratGuru Offline

Loc: Kansas City
So... After a very short session of playing, I am VERY impressed. I just grabbed 3 of the Scumback cabs that I thought singtall mentioned (Scumback) and gave them a go.

Richer, deeper, more harmonically rich to my ears. I can see though that I am going to have to finally dig in and start tweaking all the patches. I was spoiled (lazy) and was using a handful of user patches for the last year or so but they lose some luster once the cab is changed to the Epsi.

This whole thing is new to me and I'll have a bunch of questions. I'm thinking I should start a separate thread maybe or is it ok to bother everyone in this one? smile

Thanks again for all the advice and great info!

#41417 - 10/05/14 07:27 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: StratGuru]
singtall Offline
veteran member

at some point we will have to share some presets that use the Epsi. we just have to find an easy way to mention which IR we used.

#41422 - 10/05/14 06:50 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: singtall
at some point we will have to share some presets that use the Epsi. we just have to find an easy way to mention which IR we used.

Maybe start naming the preset the name of the IR used...I'm thinking back to the way I named my presets to go with my outboard gear..abbreviate Ownhammer to OH_IRNAME_PRESETNAME or PRESETNAME_OH_IR.

So it'd be like SingtallCrunch_OH_M75V30_SM57 or start with OH if you want to make all of them stay alphabetical or something.

A step further maybe is to post under another account then all of the presets for that account can be found and will all be for the Epsi and easy to link to, etc.

Can't wait until there's an entire preset pack for Epsi. I'd donate to that cause.

Edited by TLTD (10/05/14 06:55 PM)

#41425 - 10/05/14 10:14 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: TLTD]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Also there should be a post with the preset having the Epsi settings as well. I have messed with mine so much I need someone to post a good starting point or the default ones. I've noticed that when you make a change to the Epsi settings it is global and effects all the ir's you load after that... I am fortunate to have folks like you people here that are much better a tweaking than I.

#41428 - 10/06/14 08:02 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

all of the IR's loaded into the Epsi have to start with a number like 101, 207, 504..etc. so that would limit things a bit.

the way i'm doing it is to included the IR number in my preset. for example: "Singtall MKII 623". this tells me what amp model i used (Mesa MKII) and the Epsi preset number (623).

we had the same issue with the axe-fx when trading presets; if you didn't have the same IR loaded in the exact same location, then you didn't have the right tone.

i'm in the process of making some IR's right now. I'm combining some IR's and eqing them, then outputting a stereo IR of the mix. because i'm mutating some Ownhammer and other IR's, i'm not sure about sharing them. i guess if the other user already has the ownhammer IR's then it should be no problem sharing the new mixes of them?

i may go in and pick out the "best of" each speaker type and save them all in a certain place like say the 900's, and maybe send out a list of which ones i'm loading into those slots so that sharing presets would be easier. hmmmmmm. ideas?

Page 15 of 18 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 >