Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41347 - 10/01/14 10:13 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: Downrazor11]
Lawless33 Offline

Loc: IN
Will have to check it out. For $200, it's a good deal if it sounds better and opens up options.
Wes
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack
Atomic Amplifire with Atomic CLR
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

#41348 - 10/01/14 10:23 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Lawless33]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
If you do, make sure you get the OwnHammer Modern or Vintage mix set, as all of my comments are referring to this PLUS the EPSi. It is only $19 more but does 99% of what you are hearing from the EPSi. I guess it is like a CD player manufacurer sending a free demo cd with each player, not as good as having a cd of your favorite band.. Both are essential to the equation, though OwnHammer moreso than EPSi..

#41349 - 10/01/14 10:36 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
the IR's that come with the Epsi aren't bad, but the Ownhammer IR's are much better.

#41350 - 10/01/14 09:13 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
StratGuru Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Thanks to all the excellent info from singtall, I bought my epsi today!

Your dedication and diehard research are truly appreciated. The info and comparison clips are what pushed me over the edge and on to the buy button.

Just need to go grab some ownhammer goodness and wait on the mailman.

I'll report back after I get everything up and running.

Edited by StratGuru (10/01/14 09:13 PM)

#41351 - 10/01/14 10:03 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: StratGuru]
singtall Offline
veteran member

that last clip was a great example of what you can do with just a few pedals.

i think the Epsi would be especially good for someone who only has a pedal board and wants to go direct.

#41352 - 10/02/14 07:32 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
mojah Offline

Loc: Massachsetts
That epsi looks pretty cool indeed. I'm not having an issue with the 11R cabs yet but my POD HD500 is horrible. If the epsi can make it usable I'd have a decent grab and go solution when I don't want to pack up my 11r. Don't need a heavy set or ir's aka dejent ect. I'm more of a rock/blues player who can shred a bit. I'll need to let out some G.A.S. on ebay or reverb before I buy one...

#41373 - 10/03/14 01:28 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
It makes a peddle very usable indeed straight to the board

#41390 - 10/03/14 08:28 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
StratGuru Offline

Quick question: if I read everything right, I have to turn off the cabinet on all my presets. Is there an easy way to globally do that?

One more: After the epsi is inserted in the effects loop, is there any other settings to be changed other than turning off the cab? I thought I read there is something that assigns where the loop is inserted or no?

Thanks so much for the help!

#41393 - 10/03/14 10:42 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: StratGuru]
singtall Offline
veteran member

there is no way to turn off the cabs globally that i know of, but it wouldn't help anyway. you will have to pretty much start from scratch once you change the cab...because your preset will no longer be close to what it was (depending on which IR you load up).

the loop needs to be right after the amp model. i put the loop directly after the amp, but i have heard of others putting it at the very end of the chain to more closely simulate playing a full rack of effects through a guitar cabinet. i like having effects after the speakers because it's more "studio" sounding.

#41394 - 10/03/14 11:11 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
StratGuru Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
there is no way to turn off the cabs globally that i know of, but it wouldn't help anyway. you will have to pretty much start from scratch once you change the cab...because your preset will no longer be close to what it was (depending on which IR you load up).

I was worried you were going to say that... Ohh boy programming from scratch. Maybe some of your presets for an epsi combo pack thing? wink

the loop needs to be right after the amp model. i put the loop directly after the amp, but i have heard of others putting it at the very end of the chain to more closely simulate playing a full rack of effects through a guitar cabinet. i like having effects after the speakers because it's more "studio" sounding.

Cool. I'll try both. After seems the familiar way but that's in the "real" world. Thx!

Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >