Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41331 - 09/29/14 07:25 PM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
turn down your speakers for the first one because it's level is louder than the second one. or turn up the second one, whatever makes them the same volume so that you can hear the difference in the mix without volume being the final factor.

#41332 - 09/29/14 07:37 PM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i changed the guitar panning to 80% per another engineer suggestion. added boost 11 for a couple more db volume.

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/fall-away-test-mix-5

#41333 - 09/29/14 10:43 PM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: singtall]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: singtall
i changed the guitar panning to 80% per another engineer suggestion. added boost 11 for a couple more db volume.

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/fall-away-test-mix-5

I listened, this time on AKG K240 headphones. I really like the stereo clean guitar; it seems to delay to the right?

Drums sound good; you're getting there.

#41334 - 09/29/14 10:55 PM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: ADF]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
I like where it's going. I sent you a PM with a file & some recommendations I want you to try that could save you some time.

#41336 - 09/30/14 02:55 AM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Sounds great! {question: I marked the clip at a point on sound cloud were there is something going on with the heavy guitar [to my ears at least] the way it drops off almost sounds like a limiter on it there is another spot as well but not as noticeable at fist it sounded as if it were peaking and distorting until I listened a few more times or maybe a gate but just on the guitar}

I like this mix.

About your original question: I picked up a Go Pro at GC friday and had to pick it up in the Atlanta store [got a 15% coupon from the manager at the GC I normally go to] it was right at 5 and the traffic was stopped so I spent some time looking at gear smirk saw a digitech "Bad Monkey" in the used display [$29 whats not to like grin] so I tried it out and found it has a built in cab model so there's 2 outs 1 marked "mixer" and 1 marked "amp" I thought may be a good one to use for church instead of lugging the 11r, I have been taking the epsi and my MXR "Fullbore Metal" pedal and it sounds great strait to the PA but even when you turn the drive all the way down it still has way to much distortion for bluesy stuff well the Bad Monkey sounded real smooth and last night I got to mess with it for a wile and did some comparisons with and with out the epsi and with it's cab model through 1 of my line 6 L2M set to "Reference/PA" mode so as to see what it would do on the church PA and it was cool [here's the point] but after a good hour or 2 nothing sounded good no matter what setting I used on the pedals and the epsi, it was like just dirty and fizzy and yuck! I even re-firmwared the epsi to get back to the original settings on it to no avail... So I put it down. This happens to me on the 11r too [right out of the gate] and a few times at gigs and that is distracting... but 90% of the time when I turn it on it sounds phenomenal... thought maybe it was just me but maybe its just being tired or something IDK. I too have some ringing in the ears like ADF [probably from a Ted Nugent Concert when I was a teen and my ears bled grin maybe some other time as well] , but it is only noticeable when its dead quiet for me.

sorry for the long post.

But I will ask what is the start up settings in your epsi? maybe a question for your other thread though. BTW the Bad monkey's cab sim is great and it works even when the pedal is on bypass so you get a good clean amp sound and when run with the MXR it worked well and gave some nice changes with both pedals on at once.. I need to be honest and say that I have not made the time to connect the epsi to my 11r yet... frown

#41339 - 09/30/14 04:00 PM Re: do you ever have a weird hearing day? [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

there is so much compression on the mains to get that volume level, and you will hear the compressor pumping the mix up and down if you listen for it.

this is not a final cd mix by any means. i'm just trying to get my basic tracking tone good enough so that i don't have to do so much work on the back end when i mix it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3