Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41125 - 09/18/14 01:41 PM Re: CPU vs. RAM - Which is More Vital for Running PT's and 11R? [Re: jaminjimlp]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Hey dude I just checked and it is there if you just search all capital letters ADF just don't forget to add Windows 7 professional 64-bit edition if you need it

Thanks again SO much! Will go check it out now.

I'm going to poke around a little bit more about the Windows 7. I've read some have had no problems getting Windows 8 to run Pro Tools 8, while others have had some difficulty.

#41324 - 09/29/14 12:37 PM Re: CPU vs. RAM - Which is More Vital for Running PT's and 11R? [Re: ADF]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Just wanted to say thanks again SO much jaminjimlp or all of your help. Right now I am in the middle of recording a song, and I'm going to do my best to eek one more tune out of the old laptop. I just don't know if I could handle changing my setup in the middle of a project!

But once this song is done, I'm going to really explore my options for upgrading my computer.

So far the old laptop has handled the tracking, but it's the mixdown I'm concerned about. There is a high track count, and I've gone more for spontaneity and feel than perfect audio; which for me means there will be EQ's and compressors galore at mixdown, thus taxing my CPU.

However my hope is that since I don't have a lot of tracks playing at any one time, the old warhorse computer will handle it.

So thanks again to you and everyone that provided such helpful information.

#41335 - 09/29/14 10:56 PM Re: CPU vs. RAM - Which is More Vital for Running PT's and 11R? [Re: ADF]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
You are very welcome!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2