Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41058 - 09/15/14 07:49 AM Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change
mojah Offline

Loc: Massachsetts
Hi Guys, I noticed this weired problem when using my pod HD500 to change patches. It's set up to change the patch and control the wha, dist, tap tempo, mod. It works in that the patch changes and I can toggle the fx, use the wha and set the delay times via tap tempo, but every time I depress the the patch selection on the controller the sound changes. It gets less full and more harsh kinda like 16 bit verses 24 bit sound. After the 3rd time it stabilizes. This doesn't happen when I use the knob on the front of the 11R to select the patch. I set the midi on 11r to thru then set up a laptop running midi ox and all the cc's look fine and I don't see any funny midi data. It's annoying.. Any Ideas???

#41065 - 09/15/14 12:44 PM Re: Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change [Re: mojah]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
weird,should it be that you set up the expression pedal to control more than 1 parameter? check the assign you did maybe, dunno really frown

#41073 - 09/16/14 07:13 AM Re: Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change [Re: Christophersad]
mojah Offline

It is weird.. It seems be related to the expression pedal or switch cc's . If I disable the midi from them and just use program change its better. Maybe the patch is corrupted? I had a few on my HD500 go south while editing via usb. I'll rebuild it from scratch in another memory location. It's a Singtall patch I modified. It has two eq fx blocks I'm not using.

#41188 - 09/22/14 04:45 AM Re: Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change [Re: mojah]
mojah Offline

I rebuilt the patch in another location and it does the same thing. My new JCM800 patch is fine. I found this thread at duc.avid RB01 Bogner Bug I'm using the blue channel with the bright switch. I think the bright switch bug maybe across all the Bogner channels.

#41195 - 09/22/14 07:56 AM Re: Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change [Re: mojah]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
the bogner one was a known bug, but i never heard of squealing etc,did u try without the bright swiotch?

#41314 - 09/28/14 05:53 PM Re: Midi Patch Change Tone Varying vs Front Panel Patch Change [Re: Christophersad]
mojah Offline

It's not squealing it just sounds less full and harsher. I'm sure it's the bright switch bug that's been reported in the Bogner model. I just made some more patches with other amps with no problems. I'm really digging the 11R overall. It's much better sounding and feeling than my POD HD500. It's now a midi controller for 11R..